Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new '75 914 Owner !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
barndoor
Hi everyone.

I just bought my first 914 (I'm a 911 guy)

Its a 1975 914 2.0 Laguna Blue.
it has 139k miles,all books and records and I am the 3rd owner.

It had a bad fuel pump relay,luckily.or the very bad gas in the tank may have been pumped thru....

I have the tank out being cleaned,while I wait for new fuel hose,filters and misc parts.

heres a pic as found,a real "Car-Port Find"Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Wow - it looks like it is in very good condition. Nice score.
SirAndy
Love that color ...

welcome.png
billh1963
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Oct 16 2012, 08:03 PM) *

Wow - it looks like it is in very good condition. Nice score.

I agree....congratulations!
barndoor
It does seem to be in very good condition,no rust or collision either.I cant wait to drive it.Parts from Pelican should be here friday.
Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
biggrin.gif
barndoor
I need a dash upper pad and a right speaker grill if anyone knows where to get these.

Did you notice my "Heaven Hole" ?Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Chris H.
Welcome to the 1975 Laguna Blue club! I have a 1.8 in the same color. Looks like a great find! Check out that battery tray! Glad you are changing the fuel hoses...that's the most important thing if it's been sitting a while. Keep us posted!

JawjaPorsche
Wow! Nice Score! Welcome to the Madness!

beerchug.gif
bigkensteele
Please tell me that it has plaid seats under the sheepskin! I also have a '75 1.8 in laguna blue, in nearly the condition of yours. Mine came with plaid seats that were recovered long ago, and I would really love to see what the originals look like. Nobody has ever been able to produce a picture.

Thanks,
Ken
barndoor
thanks Guys !

I'm usually on the Pelican 911 tech forums,Glad I found you guys to share my new baby with.Click to view attachment
JawjaPorsche
Someone is selling a dash on parts page:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=192941

Speaker grills:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=196170

Good Luck

Terry

QUOTE(barndoor @ Oct 16 2012, 08:14 PM) *

I need a dash upper pad and a right speaker grill if anyone knows where to get these.

Did you notice my "Heaven Hole" ?
Tom
WOW!!! piratenanner.gif Very nice, and congrats. That sure is a nice find.
Tom
Michael N
Hey...where did you put all the rust? Looks like a keeper. Great color.
Pat Garvey
Nice!

Good color too.
Chris H.
Hey check it out...rear window defroster! Cool. Is that a 1980's Sony stereo in there? mine had the same style in it when I bought it...looks like based on your paperwork you need to start trolling for a Blaupunkt 1071! Unless the owner still had it and included it as well.

Click to view attachment
speed metal army
Cool car!I dig the big bumpers.Looks to be in killer shape! beerchug.gif
BajaXJ92
Excellent find, and my favorite 914 color! wub.gif

My first 914 was a '75 in Laguna Blue with white interior.

smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbB1K0x5CA
ScoopLV
Add me to the list of people who would love to see what's under those seat covers.

Congratulations on your nice score. That looks like it will be fun (as opposed to aggravating) project. Get a compression test to see how much life is left in that 2.0.
computers4kids
Looks like you found a solid 914 to bring back to its glory...nice find. The only thing that majorily looks wrong is the absence of rust smile.gif
dlkawashima
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Oct 16 2012, 05:34 PM) *

Please tell me that it has plaid seats under the sheepskin! I also have a '75 1.8 in laguna blue, in nearly the condition of yours. Mine came with plaid seats that were recovered long ago, and I would really love to see what the originals look like. Nobody has ever been able to produce a picture.

Thanks,
Ken

On ebay right now. Supposedly NOS ...
Click to view attachment

barndoor
Ok Guys

got the german sheepskins off and other than some glue crap on the drivers seat borrom they look ok except for the side bolsters.

I wonder if I can just buy those and replace them.

The euro cloth seat on ebay is amazing ! Is anyone reproducing that fabric ?Click to view attachment
rex66m
Good looking car!!! Don't let anyone tell you that the big bumpers aren't cool
barndoor
Yes,she does have a rear window defrost option.
And thanks for spotting my Faux Alpine Sears Radio.It came with the box and manual,the good news is inside the box was the original Blaupunkt !
If anybody has a Fake Lamborghini Countach (Fiero) and needs a radio,let me know : )Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
JawjaPorsche
Cool! I have an "Old School" AM Blaupunkt radio in my teener! I like the look of simpler times!

QUOTE(barndoor @ Oct 17 2012, 08:10 PM) *

Yes,she does have a rear window defrost option.
And thanks for spotting my Faux Alpine Sears Radio.It came with the box and manual,the good news is inside the box was the original Blaupunkt !
If anybody has a Fake Lamborghini Countach (Fiero) and needs a radio,let me know : )
bigkensteele
QUOTE(barndoor @ Oct 17 2012, 03:18 PM) *

The euro cloth seat on ebay is amazing ! Is anyone reproducing that fabric ?

I have searched long and hard for anyone with original blue fabric, and this is the only original example that I have ever seen (thanks, Dave!).

SMS Auto Fabrics will reproduce it if I provide a sample, and I am seriously thinking about buying the cushion on ebay (even at the outrageous buy it now price) and having them reproduce the fabric. The only problem is that there were two blue plaids offered in '75, and the one on ebay is my least favorite.

Click to view attachment
zonedoubt
QUOTE(barndoor @ Oct 17 2012, 04:18 PM) *

I wonder if I can just buy those and replace them.

Side bolsters are available and not too difficult to install. There is a good how-to on this site somewhere, maybe in the classic section.
Chris H.
I got my replacement side bolster vinyl kit from AA several years ago. Have to say the quality was very good and they weren't too hard to put on. I'm sure there are other places to get them as well.

That Blaupunkt is awesome! You gotta put that back in! Probably will need a roll of dash face material when you do, but it's available. Make sure you get the later style for '75-'76 so it matches. That's a very original car. You found a real treasure there. Not many totally original later cars left.
ned911
Love that color - nice find.
barndoor
Hey Chris

who is AA ?

bigkensteele
QUOTE(barndoor @ Oct 18 2012, 07:47 AM) *

Hey Chris

who is AA ?

Automobile Atlanta. They are the outfit selling the seat cushion on ebay. The mere mention of them will ignite flames in your thread here, but regardless of folks' opinion of them, sometimes they are the only game in town when it comes to really hard to find parts.
Chris H.
Oops sorry, Automobile Atlanta... They make a reproduction of the side bolsters/back seat area. I think they had the seat center and cushion inserts as well but I haven't checked in years. This is the only thing I ever purchased from them and had good luck. Others have not, just as an FYI... Don't want to mess up your awesome thread with that, so just do a search on them and you will see. Maybe there are other shops that do it as well or resell it. If there's a member vendor here who does, buy them from that vendor! They do so much for us. Maybe one will speak up.

Edit: Ken beat me to it! biggrin.gif
barndoor
So Far:
NEW:
fuel pump
fuel pump relay
fuel filter
fuel hose
gas tank cleaned
spark plugs
air filter
horn button support rubber
brake hoses and brake fluid flush
oil change
clutch adjustment

Up Next:
Steering Wheel Slop Fix !Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
JawjaPorsche
Sounds like you are on your way!

Your steering slop may be your steering coupler. Check out my thread below. I replaced mine earlier this year. Got replacement from Tangerine Racing.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=169863&hl=

Tangerine Racing Link: http://www.tangerineracing.com/steeringupgrades.htm

Hope this helps.

Terry
bcheney
Welcome aboard. You scored a very nice nice ride.The color if fantastic and like others have said...the big bumpers are cool! Congrats!!
barndoor
I am pretty sure the slop is the upper steering column bearing.Thats where the play seems to be,coupler looks good,no excessive movement visually.
I haven't pulled the steering wheel yet,because I cant stop driving it ..........

Click to view attachment
barndoor
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
VoPo914
Nice Car! Lagoon Blue is great color!
barndoor
Update:

Steering wheel slop fixed by replacing "upper steering shaft bearing"-$41.

New gas pedal fixed the "wobbly pedal"

She's feeling much better on the road.

Up next:

Upper dash pad,vynal & padding + dash to windsheild seal.Click to view attachment
bruce54
QUOTE(barndoor @ Oct 26 2012, 05:22 PM) *

Update:

Up next:

Upper dash pad,vynal & padding + dash to windsheild seal.Click to view attachment

I am really loving this subject as I have a 75 2.0 Lagun Blue, I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet(any help would be appreciated) but mine is running and almost roadworthy after sitting quite awhile!
bruce54
QUOTE(bruce54 @ Oct 26 2012, 05:56 PM) *

QUOTE(barndoor @ Oct 26 2012, 05:22 PM) *

Update:

Up next:

I am really loving this subject as I have a 75 2.0 Lagun Blue, I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet(any help would be appreciated) but mine is running and almost roadworthy after sitting quite awhile!

Also may ask what point you are jacking your car at? That looks a little risky.
barndoor
jacked the front under the front beam,placed custom made jack-stands that fit into factory holes,then jacked engine and used jack stands,kept jack under motor for peace of mind.

Just went for a nice drive,the heater works very well.....: )Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
bruce54
QUOTE(barndoor @ Oct 26 2012, 06:27 PM) *

jacked the front under the front beam,placed custom made jack-stands that fit into factory holes,then jacked engine and used jack stands,kept jack under motor for peace of mind.

Just went for a nice drive,the heater works very well.....: )

God I wish I had those fog lights!
Cupomeat
QUOTE(bruce54 @ Oct 26 2012, 09:37 PM) *

QUOTE(barndoor @ Oct 26 2012, 06:27 PM) *

Just went for a nice drive,the heater works very well.....: )

God I wish I had those fog lights!

I might have a set of original 75 fog lights. PM me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.