Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Poll: Do you hang out on the Club site also?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914outlaw
Just curious because seems like very little activity over there.
These are the Board stats as of now:
154 user(s) active in the past 30 minutes
148 guests, 6 members, 0 anonymous members
underthetire
Think it should be

All the time
Sometimes
Waste of my time
Wouldn't go there for anything ever.
scotty b
QUOTE(underthetire @ Oct 17 2012, 04:29 PM) *

Think it should be

All the time
Sometimes
Waste of my time
Wouldn't go there for anything ever.

agree.gif stirthepot.gif popcorn[1].gif IBTL, ILBT
poorsche914
I would guess most of the "guest" stats are things like google bots, etc and not actual people. confused24.gif

I check in every few days to see if anything interesting is being discussed. Scan the classifieds as well.

driving.gif
rick 918-S
I go there sometimes. Not often. I don't have time to surf every site.
Cap'n Krusty
Once a day, whether they need me or not ..........................

The Cap'n
bandjoey
When board. Not often. But same with the bird.
iamchappy
Sometimes when this site is down....
76-914
I started off there and found World a few weeks later. I know some of the guys that are World/Narp members so I naturally gravitate to those boards. About 99.75% of the time.
914itis
Waste of time. Nothing of interest .
Dr Evil
Nope. Maybe when this site is down, and only when someone there calls my attention to a thread.
Mark Henry
Once every couple of months I'll peek in....maybe...
After ordering some parts from them and going thru the issues of ordering/returning the parts the site turned me Off..Only ck it out once and a while..
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 17 2012, 06:05 PM) *

Once a day, whether they need me or not ..........................

The Cap'n

agree.gif

I'm on there all the time. Dr. 914 seems to think he has the best technical info site and this one is for frivolous chatter...

That why I never log out here biggrin.gif
timothy_nd28
The club is very much like myspace. I do pop in from time to time to read old threads.
ThinAir
When I visit, I always sign in as myself, but I can't remember the last time I was there - probably at least a year ago, maybe longer.
'73-914kid
This site shares all of the historical and backed-up posts/threads since before the original split. There's no need to go on there looking at old threads. The only ones worth going back over are here anyways.
ScoopLV
I like the fact that there is a download section over there. There isn't a whole lot IN the download section, but there's some stuff.

I'm too new here to know anything about "the split."
euro911
I started out on Club in 2006. After the split, was on NARP most of the time. Started spending more time here a couple of years ago, very seldom visit Club anymore ...

Been on Pelican since 2000.
DBCooper
I had a bad experience with AA ten years ago and still avoid George whenever possible, but I go by every two or three months just to check, kind of like when you drive past the house where you grew up to see how they're keeping up the yard. Not many hanging out there, Trekkor, Krusty, Chris, a few others. It's got to get lonely, they had four new subjects in their Garage forum on the 17th, when there were nearly 40 here.

What's funny is that at the split I thought Club would stay more technical and serious, and this board would tend toward more social. George taking over the Club reinforced that expectation, but today I don't see a big difference. More newbies and chat here, probably in function of the higher volume of posts, but overall technical/social content seems to be pretty balanced between the two boards. That means because of the large difference in volume of posts there's a lot more technical data here than there, a resource that will tend to draw even more activity and growth here. Hmmm... how much did George pay for the Club site?
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
I have been around the 914 Group since 2000, Thought the club was great, but

that was because of the 2 principles , B. & Andy, ( even with his Orange Mohawk ! )

Then came the split ( saddened by it then) now I go there once a week , if that!

914 World is the best thing since sliced bread,I don't even list Parts F/S there.

If anyone wishes to answer this ,please do. ( What the hell happened to # 4 )

do we know who is in position of it, is it still around ?

Dave slap.gif
injunmort
i frequent both
rhodyguy
no, no, and no.
ConeDodger
Worst $5000 George ever spent...

I occasionally drop in.
euro911
I'm sure he made it back by now ...
Rand
If he made anything back it was because of commercial crap that is so far from what the forum was supposed to be.

Well, best o fluck
Rand
QUOTE(Rand @ Oct 18 2012, 04:54 PM) *

If he made anything back it was because of commercial crap that is so far from what the forum was supposed to be.

Well, best o fluck

Damn spacebar has a mind of its own
RON S.
QUOTE(BarberDave @ Oct 18 2012, 10:22 AM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

that was because of the 2 principles , B. & Andy, ( even with his Orange Mohawk ! )

Then came the split ( saddened by it then) now I go there once a week , if that!

914 World is the best thing since sliced bread,I don't even list Parts F/S there.

Dave slap.gif

I've got to 2nd Dave..

Same exact story here. Except that I probably only frequent the site 1-2 times a year..
For me, there never is a need to frequent it. All the 914 content I ever could need, or share is right here. For every person with a question, there is someone here with an answer.

Besides, what did ever happen to #4??????? 914World wants to know...

Ron
SirAndy
QUOTE(Rand @ Oct 18 2012, 04:55 PM) *

Well, best o fluck

Good thing your 'L' key still works ... biggrin.gif
914outlaw
QUOTE(RON S. @ Oct 18 2012, 08:23 PM) *

QUOTE(BarberDave @ Oct 18 2012, 10:22 AM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

Dave slap.gif

I've got to 2nd Dave..

Same exact story here. Except that I probably only frequent the site 1-2 times a year..
For me, there never is a need to frequent it. All the 914 content I ever could need, or share is right here. For every person with a question, there is someone here with an answer.

Besides, what did ever happen to #4??????? 914World wants to know...

Ron

Curious, who or what was #4?

scotty b
headbang.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 18 2012, 09:25 PM) *

headbang.gif

agree.gif
914itis
#4? confused24.gif

euro911
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 18 2012, 05:24 PM) *
QUOTE(Rand @ Oct 18 2012, 04:55 PM) *

Well, best o fluck
Good thing your 'L' key still works ... biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
JoeSharp
from flicka

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marc9146/4380...157623363833871
I googled 914114. The number of a car distroyed at the factory. Seen here at the WCC in 2004.
DBCooper
Wow. Not this shit again, for sure. Anyone know where it eventually ended up?
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I just was curious, didn't mean to start a bunch of sh-t. stirthepot.gif

Has anyone tryed to restore it.

Joe, the date on those pic. is 2010 . Does anyone have any updated info ?

Dave slap.gif
jersey914
Member but an inactive one!
jmmotorsports
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 17 2012, 08:04 PM) *

Once every couple of months I'll peek in....maybe...

nothing of interest sunce brad left
kerensky
You mean it is still around? Wasn't' there a 'merger' once upon a time? I pretty well quit paying attention to that site about then - I thought it was going to be taken down. I guess I was mistaken. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.