Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Roller for sale (CA, Bay Area)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
freddiemac
1974 Porsche 914 roller

After 8 years of ownership (and lots of fixes and updates with no driving), I've come to accept the fact that this project car is better in someone else's hands.

This car was converted to water cooled running with a 13b rotary engine about 15 years ago, it was running great for years until I had it sit for a long time.  Right now I'm selling it as a roller.

The car has 5 lug conversion done with 911 front sus, and 911s alum brakes in front (these are worth over $500 alone). I've spent over $10K on the car (sans engine), with various updates to misc stuff. It had a new fuel tank, rear calipers, and pedal work done a couple of years ago, hasn't really been touched since. Also lightweight 16" rims with 225/50/16 wheels. The 901 tranny shifts great.

The car is currently runs, and runs well. But the engine, adaptor kit, and clutch will be removed prior/during the sale. The car comes with a ton of extra parts (911 rear calipers, another set of front torsion bars, rear shocks and springs, 2 tops, etc).

The bad: there are some rust on the front of the car near the driver side wiper but not major; the seat cushions are coming apart; the car had been completely rewired with much cleaner wiring, but the rear tail lights are staying on now.

Given that I've just recently dropped $40K+ on the last round of work on my 911, I just want to see the car going to the right hands. I'm only looking for $1k for the car, but only if you're going to do something with it.

Here are the photos and a video:
https://picasaweb.google.com/11351242450709...56/Porsche91402

I don't check the forum often, please email chohakai (at) yahoo dot com if interested. Thanks!
sixnotfour
the wheels in the pics still on the roller ?
Andyrew
Why dont you sell it as a running car?

Some seats, some cleaning, a respray and a once over would yield this as a 7k+ car...

Hell as a roller thats a STEAL! If I didnt have 6 cars at my house we'd be talking!
JStroud
Went and picked the car up today. Fred and his family were very nice, Fred and his brother helped me get the car loaded up. And was trusting enough to let me take the car and get the motor to him later, neither one of us wanted to pull it in the driveway. shades.gif

Here it is safe at home.

Click to view attachment

Thanks again for everything Fred, I'm glad we were able to make it work.
Jeff
freddiemac
Glad to see it going to good hands, good luck, Jeff. Hope to see it morph into something great!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.