Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AEWC 16x7 fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
'73-914kid
I was looking at getting a set of fuchs for the 914, and found a set on craigslist. I'm not a purist, so replica's don't bother me, but does anyone know what the going price for a set of American Eagle Wheel CO. 16x7 fuchs are worth? They appear in to be in really nice shape with no curb rash.

Any help appreciated.
IPB Image
Black22
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Oct 18 2012, 08:09 AM) *

I was looking at getting a set of fuchs for the 914, and found a set on craigslist. I'm not a purist, so replica's don't bother me, but does anyone know what the going price for a set of American Eagle Wheel CO. 16x7 fuchs are worth? They appear in to be in really nice shape with no curb rash.

Any help appreciated.
IPB Image

IMHO replicas are worth around $100-200 per rim. Depending on condition. But you might be able to get some decent originals for that price if you look hard enough.
'73-914kid
Thats actually right around the price range these are. I really havent been able to find 15s or 16 x7s for less than $1,000 in decent shape, so this seems like a fair deal.

Thanks for your input
ConeDodger
I would slide that range closer to the $100 area/wheel. 16X7 can also be hard to squeeze under the rear fenders without rubbing on one side, the other or both... Fuchs are fairly easy to find in 16X6 and 7... Pelican is always a good source.
'73-914kid
My rears are significantly "pulled, and my fronts have been rolled. My 15x7 cookies need a 3/8 inch spacer to fit well underneath the rear fender..
Click to view attachment

There's easy to find, and easy to purchase. Money is somewhat tight so real fuchs aren't really in the budget
Cap'n Krusty
If looks are important to you, go for it. Of course they're REALLY heavy, they're not forged, and they're pretty fragile, but they look almost like the real thing ........

Kinda like an inflatable doll.

The Cap'n
Black22
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 18 2012, 12:51 PM) *

The Cap'n

av-943.gif lol-2.gif
'73-914kid
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 18 2012, 12:51 PM) *

If looks are important to you, go for it. Of course they're REALLY heavy, they're not forged, and they're pretty fragile, but they look almost like the real thing ........

The Cap'n

I appreciate the honesty cap'n. Didnt realize they were so heavy. I just cant find a whole lot of info on the specs of these wheels. I definetely dont want something that heavy..

Thanks for the info
Van914
If you are still Lookin I have a set of Fuchs 16x7's $400 plus shipping
Thanks
Van914@aol.com
'73-914kid
Email sent Van
euro911
... and you can fill an inflatable doll with helium if she's too heavy cheer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.