Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 Porsche 914/6 Murène by Heuliez
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nürburg Nomad
I certainly don't agree with the styling but it's an interesting car and article to read nonetheless:

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/magazine/3200.asp?id=16129
http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/find/4100_...?lCarID=1853456

Does anyone know what the car ultimately sold for at auction earlier this year?

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Links to previously discussed Murène threads:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=132457
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=86282
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=86583
bandjoey
Too French for a real man
Nürburg Nomad
A few more photos of the 914/6 Murène out in the wild:

IPB Image
IPB Image
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Oct 18 2012, 02:01 PM) *

Ha, if you have ridden on the French TGV then you've experienced another creation by the same French designer... even if the interior was crafted up by a different designer:
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
JeffBowlsby
$60K euro if I recall.
toolguy
looks like a Pinto mated with a Gremlin
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Oct 18 2012, 03:00 PM) *

$60K euro if I recall.

Wow, that's roughly $79,000 USD!
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(toolguy @ Oct 18 2012, 03:06 PM) *

Indeed! Though Gremlin's came in crazy enough colors to distract from their styling! rolleyes.gif

IPB Image

Side Note: Does anyone else find it mildly amusing that the entirety of the AMC add addresses concerns of their cars failing? blink.gif
Mr.242
How about the wheels...any of those around or are they a ONE OFF?

messix
QUOTE(Nürburg Nomad @ Oct 18 2012, 12:10 PM) *

QUOTE(toolguy @ Oct 18 2012, 03:06 PM) *

Indeed! Though Gremlin's came in crazy enough colors to distract from their styling! rolleyes.gif

IPB Image

Side Note: Does anyone else find it mildly amusing that the entirety of the AMC add addresses concerns of their cars failing? blink.gif

back in the '70s that was a big problem with all american brand cars. why do you think toyota and honda took off? build quality sucked on american cars and it took decades for them to get it and straighten out.
Maltese Falcon
Never hit top speed when I took the TGV from Geneva to France.
The conductor said they didn't trust the brakes.
But it did move faster than any train I've been on.
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Oct 21 2012, 06:41 PM) *

Ha, I've only ever taken the TGV between Frankfurt & Paris and it seems somewhat slower than the much easier on the eyes German ICE Trains! Good thing there are chess tables at every group of seats to pass the time!
strawman
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Oct 21 2012, 03:41 PM) *

I rode high-speed rail from Hangzhou to Shanghai, as well as MagLev in Shanghai, in April 2011. The HSR cruised at 350kph, while MagLev reached 400kph. Smooth and quiet, though the views out the windows were nothing to write home about. They ended up dialing down the speed the next month to save energy... glad I experienced it when I could.

Geoff
(a bus nerd)
steuspeed
I see a lot of the Lotus Elite going on.
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(strawman @ Oct 24 2012, 11:27 PM) *

I rode high-speed rail from Hangzhou to Shanghai, as well as MagLev in Shanghai, in April 2011. The HSR cruised at 350kph, while MagLev reached 400kph. Smooth and quiet, though the views out the windows were nothing to write home about. They ended up dialing down the speed the next month to save energy... glad I experienced it when I could.

Geoff
(a bus nerd)

Whew... 400kph is CRAZY fast! I heard lots of talk about progress and advancement of the Chinese rail system when I was there this summer, but didn't get a chance to experience it myself.

QUOTE(steuspeed @ Oct 25 2012, 12:45 AM) *

I see a lot of the Lotus Elite going on.

That is a striking resemblance! Interesting that no one mentioned this car in previous brief threads about this coach built wonder. As a huge Lotus fan I am both somewhat off-put by its less than elegant body lines yet equally drawn to it... perhaps because of my love for the Lotus Europa? blink.gif
johannes
The car has been spotted in Strasbourg France this month. It is now in private hands

IPB Image
somd914
Gremlin - my first car... Oh, I had the Gremlin X - throw on some styled steel wheels and decals and all of a sudden you have an American sports car.

Looking back now I understand why my parents were so thrilled with that car - I spent all my time fixing it and very little driving it so it kept me off the roads as a teenager. Certainly had an appropriate name.

And for those who think the 914 is somewhat bland or ugly, well I'd say it's a homerun compared to the 914/6 Murene.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(strawman @ Oct 24 2012, 07:27 PM) *

Geoff
(a bus nerd)

I rode the MagLev about eight years ago. It's limited to 400kph only because there isn't enough room between the airport and downtown. It's capable of going faster. The Chinese built the rails and the Germans built the train and cars. The whole train shudders when it meets another opposite direction train from the bow wave each creates. A fun ride.
Bullethead
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Oct 21 2012, 01:08 PM) *

How about the wheels...any of those around or are they a ONE OFF?

Those are Mahle gasburners, made of magnesium alloy and the lightest wheels ever offered for 911 & 914/6... they were a factory option.

Around $1500-2000 per set nowadays.
flipb
Jacques Cooper, designer of the first generation TGV train in France, died this week at age 93. What does this have to do with 914s? Surprisingly, quite a bit.

Jacques Cooper said his train design was inspired by the nose of the Porsche 914-6 limited-edition sports car model that he had designed for the German manufacturer a decade earlier.

The Porsche was orange, which also became the trademark colour of the new fast trains.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20240...ues-cooper-dies

That's in reference to the Heuliez car that is the subject of this thread. The early TGV trains (left side in photo below) not only took their sleek angular design from a 914 study, but also the distinctive orange color.

IPB Image
Literati914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Oct 18 2012, 01:01 PM) *

You said it! and agree.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.