Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: andy, is the site under another attack?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
hey thanks again for all you do on the site

brant
dlestep
aaaaahhhhhhhhhh.......Cyber Terrorists !
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES !!......Where's my fuckin' Battle Buddy !?!
Battle Buddy ? Are you fuckin' gay ?
In my day, I was RA, (Regular Army). Ve-it NAaM; "I am the God of Hellfire!", sprinkled with a little bit of BPSTT, (Black Power, Seize the time ) ! "Meathead", "Lucy in the sky with Diamonds". Kent State,
"Innagodadavida", a 1967 Chevy Malibu SS 396, (when the posted speed limit between Davis and Vallejo was 95mph, and when we used to cruise K st in Sacramento, before it was a fossegangerzone,
listening to "the Who", "It's a Beautiful Day", Jimmy H, Jim M, Steppenwolf, and Country Joe and the Fish on KZAP out of SF. "Lets Beautify America !"
Have a groovy Day.
dlestep
acting weird is all
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(dlestep @ Oct 19 2012, 08:36 AM) *

In my day, I was RA, (Regular Army). Ve-it NAaM; "I am the God of Hellfire!", sprinkled with a little bit of BPSTT, (Black Power, Seize the time ) ! "Meathead", "Lucy in the sky with Diamonds". Kent State,
"Innagodadavida", a 1967 Chevy Malibu SS 396, (when the posted speed limit between Davis and Vallejo was 95mph, and when we used to cruise K st in Sacramento, before it was a fossegangerzone,
listening to "the Who", "It's a Beautiful Day", Jimmy H, Jim M, Steppenwolf, and Country Joe and the Fish on KZAP out of SF. "Lets Beautify America !"
Have a groovy Day.

Far out!
SirAndy
QUOTE(brant @ Oct 19 2012, 07:22 AM) *

Define weird ... idea.gif
balljoint
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 19 2012, 01:00 PM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Oct 19 2012, 07:22 AM) *

Define weird ... idea.gif

Goats at the ECC? That would be weird. hide.gif I have had the server error message a few times as well. On different machines, but I figured it was due to the new advanced security protocols that were in place. We had been advised that we might get dumped on occasion.

Or maybe that Spamster that McMark blew away is seeking vengeance. spam.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(balljoint @ Oct 19 2012, 10:06 AM) *
I have had the server error message a few times as well. On different machines, but I figured it was due to the new advanced security protocols that were in place. We had been advised that we might get dumped on occasion.

That is correct. The tighter security measures are still in place and part of that is the frequent recycling of the IIS application pool.

That's why you sometimes see that error. Should never last more than a minute ...
shades.gif
walterolin
QUOTE(dlestep @ Oct 19 2012, 11:36 AM) *

Have a groovy Day.

Jimi Hendrix, Kent State, Bad Moon Riding, Rollin on the River.

U.S. none of that R.A. stuff. SSG E-6 instant NCO school, PACEX catalog, - you got a P-38 in your pocket?

Olin

(I've had a few problems getting on, too. Thanks again, Sir Andy for the support.)
dlestep
U.S. none of that R.A. stuff. SSG E-6 instant NCO school, PACEX catalog, - you got a P-38 in your pocket?

Olin

You were RA or Drafted back in the day. You must have gone in under MOVAR.
Yes, still have the P-38. Used to boil water in my steel helmet to heat up the
K-ration Beef Stew, and always traded off my 5-pack of Kools for Old Golds or Camels.
Dave
walterolin
QUOTE(dlestep @ Oct 19 2012, 01:56 PM) *

Olin

K-ration Beef Stew, and always traded off my 5-pack of Kools for Old Golds or Camels.
Dave

Yep, drafted out of graduate school. Got my McNamara Fellowship July 69, day after Armstrong walked on the moon. Elected to go to the NCO academy instead of OCS, saved a year. 11E40, tank commander, in the pipe to go to RVN, but then diverted to ROK in 1970. Spent a year north of the Imjin, AO, HFZ and FFZ.

We could usually use the heat off the M48 engine to warm up stuff.

I have yet to find a veteran from that period who does not have a P-38 somewhere close by, usually in his pocket.

SSG Olin
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(walterolin @ Oct 19 2012, 01:03 PM) *

QUOTE(dlestep @ Oct 19 2012, 01:56 PM) *

Olin

Dave

Yep, drafted out of graduate school. Got my McNamara Fellowship July 69, day after Armstrong walked on the moon. Elected to go to the NCO academy instead of OCS, saved a year. 11E40, tank commander, in the pipe to go to RVN, but then diverted to ROK in 1970. Spent a year north of the Imjin, AO, HFZ and FFZ.

We could usually use the heat off the M48 engine to warm up stuff.

I have yet to find a veteran from that period who does not have a P-38 somewhere close by, usually in his pocket.

SSG Olin

Oh yeah! 1966-1970 US Air Force SSGT.
Tom
Ha, sold a hundred of those P38's to a guy a couple of weeks ago. Actually gave them away as he was going to put them in care packages for the homeless in Seattle. At a yard sale I had them $0.50 ea or 3 for a buck. He got 2 bucks worth and we got to talking and he explained what he and his wife does for the homeless. Gave him all of them for 5 bucks.
Of course I still have a few for myself. Who knows when you may need one yourself with the way the economy is.
Tom
cary
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 19 2012, 10:12 AM) *

That's why you sometimes see that error. Should never last more than a minute ...
shades.gif

Is that the RELOAD page screen?
I've been getting that for a couple weeks.
I haven't read the whole thing. I just back up and try it again. I don't remember it not going forward the second time.
euro911
I still have a a couple P38s ... got one on my key ring.

And just last week, my wife spent $100. on some fancy-schmancy can opener screwy.gif
rhodyguy
carried a p-38 on my keyring long ago. worked in a pinch to open an oil can so you didn't have to carry one of those pointy end spouts...back in the days when oil CAME in a can.

k
TheCabinetmaker
I still carry a 38 on my master keyring, and one in my truck console.

USAF/ SSGT/ 1966-1970
Tahkli, Thailand. 68,69,70. sa wad dee
cary
Here's the one I get................

This webpage is not available
The connection to www.914world.com was interrupted.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the wrench menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.
Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.
SirAndy
QUOTE(cary @ Oct 20 2012, 06:56 AM) *
Here's the one I get................

As long as this doesn't last more than a minute then this is a unfortunate byproduct of keeping the hackers in check.

Once i'm certain that we're off the target list, i'll relax those settings.
type.gif
cary
Usually I just backup and do it again.
reharvey
Has this turned into a -where's my P-38 thread? Mine is in the toolbox inside my 914. It's somehow comforting knowing it's close buy in case I need it. Would have starved out there in the jungle without it! Nam--68-69-drafted Army grunt.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.