Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake bolts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nsyr
I have everything I need except the bolts to mount the rotors to the hubs. Where can I get these?
d914
lowes, home depot??? grade 8
datapace
M8 x 22mm bolts, mine had locking washers and regular washers. Cad plated or stainless will hold up longer. I wouldn't use nylock nuts, I think they might melt.

-bryan
Eric_Shea
Do not use stainless.

Check you're yellow pages for a "Nuts & Bolts Supply" store. Get grade 8.8 or higher as recommended previously. Shouldn't be much more than $5-10.00. Lowes can have a decent supply of metric hardware but make sure you get the proper grade.

I just uninstalled my PET on this computer but you could ask someone who has it installed to give you the proper sizes for the bolt, nut, washer and lock washer. Take that list to the store mentioned above and they'll do the rest.

Hope that helps,

E.
DonTraver
There are a lot of bogus bolts out there, even sold at reputable stores. Brake hardware is safety related. I always go to Caterpillar for good hardware. Caterpillar makes their own bolts, wouldn't do for the blade of a D9 to fall off. You can order 1 bolt from Caterpillar, don't have to buy the box, and they do carry metric hardware, prices are very reasonable too. Most of their hardware is also offered in cadium plated or black oxide plated.

You can also order over the phone with some Cat dealers, takes 1 or 2 days to get if it's not in stock.

I wouldn't mess with brake hardware from unknown source, the market has been flooded with bogus hardware from China, Tiawan, etc. Be Safe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.