Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What I did this weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
Well, it was a beautiful weekend to work on the teener, so I decided to remove the seam sealer and any rust in the rear trunk. This is the before shot. As you can see, there is some minor rust on the floorboard.
watsonrx13
Here's a shot after all day working. I used a larger wire-brush to remove the seam sealer. Then used the 3M purple plastic-wheel to remove the paint. Finally, used a small screwdriver and a small wire-wheel to remove any left over paint. After removing the paint, I used Ospho to convert the rust and add a protective layer to the exposed metal until I can primer and color paint.
echocanyons
Damn fine work,
Did the stripping wheel you used scratch the metal? I aks because the ones tht I have used usually scratch the metal
Jeroen
Hey Rob,

Nice job!
I know exactly what a time consuming PITA it is to remove the seam sealer, but just the look of the bare metal makes the job worth it biggrin.gif
qa1142
very nice, get some metal prep and primer on that soon!
watsonrx13
Echo - the 3M purple plastic-wheel does not scratch the metal, it's the best we've found to remove the paint without scratching the metal.

Jeroen - thanks, I know you've done this before, yea a real PITA. BTW, I'm not going to remove anymore of the paint on the sides, just scuff just before I primer.

Qa - I applied Ospho and will refresh every couple of weeks, until I'm ready to primer. I'm planning to primer the engine compartment (finished), the rear trunk (finished) and finally the passenger compartment (not yet started). I'm planning to follow Don Traver's painting recommendations, ie, primer, wait 2-3 days, then color sand.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.