Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a/x freak
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
unsure.gif

After Nov 14th at Infineon, I will have ran in 13 events since April 25th.

Already looking foward to next season.

Anyone else as addicted?

KT
Trekkor
I am happy.
URY914
I wish I could do that many.

You live in the land of A/X.

Enjoy it. driving.gif

Paul
Randal
Next year you can do all the Zone 7 events, LPR and GGR and end up doing over 20.

And then there is DE along with the time trails. Pleanty to do next year.

By the way nice picture of you looking ahead there!
Demick
I only managed 5 this season (of course, that included a two month unplanned hiatus for a full engine rebuild right in the middle of the season).

I'm a freak too, but it's hard to make it to so many with 3 kids ages 8 and under at home and swim meets and soccer games every single Saturday from May to October.

Demick
Howard
Wait till you try short track at WCC 2005. That's really addictive, with 10 laps in a row.
Trekkor
WCC...yesssssss! driving.gif

KT
GaroldShaffer
This is my first year Axing and I did 7 events. I am really hooked, I got elected to the board for my SCCA region blink.gif I can't wait until next season boldblue.gif
nine14cats
Trekkor,

Here's addiction:

Last year Doris and I did 9 GGR, 4 LPR, and 6 zone events. We also ran five (2 day) time trials with GGR. We ran 1 DE with zone 8 and 6 separate track days with NCRC and Trackmasters. I also ran 2 test days at Thunderhill. If you count the overlap days, with the auto-x and zone events, it's still over 35 separate track days.

I burned through 5 sets of 23x9x15 slicks at $800 a set.

I'm building an entirely new race car hopefully to be on track by mid 2005.

I had a much more restful summer because of my blown engine....otherwise I was set to run with the same amount of events, skewed towards the big tracks.

If you call yourself addicted....I'm insane.... laugh.gif

Are you in with Doris and I for a full GGR, LPR, Zone, and GGR TT series next year?

Come on...you can do it.... laugh.gif

Bill P.
Aaron Cox
trekkor,

im sure theyre happy because you sweep the course with your air dam laugh.gif

i did my first ax, and im HOOKED
J P Stein
I've done 16 this year with one more to go.....18 last year.
I'm an AX slut. I know guy that do 3-40 per....now, those guys are hooked. biggrin.gif

Going to slicks is gonna force me to get used to trailering the car. When I get the moves down pat, I'll start going to more. There are 3 or 4 venues within 150 miles of here.

Humm a pic is required, eh? We gots those
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(trekkor @ Oct 31 2004, 09:03 PM)

Anyone else as addicted?
KT

Addicted? Nah! Not me! biggrin.gif

Just because I run a big ass F swaybar, 250# springs, konis, kumhos and plastic bumpers with a full face helment in the front trunk does NOT mean I have a problem. biggrin.gif

It's my wife that has a problem. biggrin.gif

Like Demick, I missed half my points events with my engine rebuilding.

However, rest assured, I will be back with a vengeance this coming season! w00t.gif

This pic is from the MUSR6 AX.
Andyrew
I think I snagged 0 this season... that sucks....

Work and car has been preventing me from doing more...

man, I need to get back into that...
grantsfo
I'm addicted but I cant seem to get my fix. Only 2 events in the last year.
ppickerell
Next year should be a better year for me. I may have a Peridot Racing Team consisting of my Wife, Son and Daughter and Myself. Wallet will take a big hit!
mskala
I did 9 events, 10 days this year, and it's the most
I've done. I probably wouldn't have the energy to go
every week even if I had time and didn't have a
family to live with.

There are people up here with a little calendar showing
all the autocrosses, between all the PCA regions, SCCA,
BMWCCA, and others like miata and vette groups, you
could do like 30 days a year!
GTeener
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Oct 31 2004, 09:32 PM)
Trekkor,

Here's addiction:

Last year Doris and I did 9 GGR, 4 LPR, and 6 zone events. We also ran five (2 day) time trials with GGR. We ran 1 DE with zone 8 and 6 separate track days with NCRC and Trackmasters. I also ran 2 test days at Thunderhill. If you count the overlap days, with the auto-x and zone events, it's still over 35 separate track days.

I burned through 5 sets of 23x9x15 slicks at $800 a set.

I'm building an entirely new race car hopefully to be on track by mid 2005.

I had a much more restful summer because of my blown engine....otherwise I was set to run with the same amount of events, skewed towards the big tracks.

If you call yourself addicted....I'm insane.... laugh.gif

Are you in with Doris and I for a full GGR, LPR, Zone, and GGR TT series next year?

Come on...you can do it.... laugh.gif

Bill P.

Will you guys adopt me?

biggrin.gif
GTeener
QUOTE(trekkor @ Oct 31 2004, 07:03 PM)
unsure.gif

After Nov 14th at Infineon, I will have ran in 13 events since April 25th.

Already looking foward to next season.

Anyone else as addicted?

KT

I managed 4 AXs this year and will have 2 HSDE events after Nov. 14th.

Love it wub.gif , all very fun driving-girl.gif , but I'm not very good at it rolleyes.gif yet....
Mueller
if I can get my 914 running in the next couple of weeks, maybe I can finally make an auto-x before the season is up !!!!! (did 1 in the 911 this year)
Aaron Cox
heres a pic from my one and only AX....
1st in class CSP (out of 3 914's LOL)
Sammy
Whoa, be careful Aaaaaaaron, you're gonna git yer door handles caught on the asphalt wink.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Sammy @ Nov 1 2004, 04:22 PM)
Whoa, be careful Aaaaaaaron, you're gonna git yer door handles caught on the asphalt wink.gif

must dial in tarett 24mm bar stiffer ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.