Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: my ride today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Woody
I work at the Porsche dealership here in San Antonio. Today our local PCA hosted a track Day at Harris Hill Road. My sales manager was kind enough to lend me this 09 997 for the day. Last time they had me in a 09 Boxster S. I prefer the mid engine Boxster but I still thoroughly enjoyed driving this car in anger.

Click to view attachment
Randal
Where is the link to the video?

Want to see how that puppy handled! biggrin.gif
Woody
I didn't take any this time around. It handled like a marshmallow on street tires. It had 140 treadwear Bridgestones with full tread depth. It was quite a bit of fun but you could really feel the tires squirm. I enjoyed getting the back end to step out while trail breaking then ease off the breaks and steering, let stability management take over and just bury the throttle. It was a base model so no active suspension or anything. They almost lent me a Boxster Spyder but that fell through.
balljoint
Keep making good coffee for the real mechanics Woody and one day that Spyder will be yours. For a day anyway.

Cinderelli, Cinderelli, all day long it's Cinderelli!

wink.gif

Woody
QUOTE(balljoint @ Oct 21 2012, 06:05 PM) *

Keep making good coffee for the real mechanics Woody and one day that Spyder will be yours. For a day anyway.

wink.gif

Hi buddy. bye1.gif They don't like my coffee, its only a little strong icon8.gif They tell me as long as I keep mopping the bathrooms I'm good. unsure.gif
balljoint
QUOTE(Woody @ Oct 21 2012, 07:18 PM) *

QUOTE(balljoint @ Oct 21 2012, 06:05 PM) *

wink.gif

Hi buddy. bye1.gif They don't like my coffee, its only a little strong icon8.gif They tell me as long as I keep mopping the bathrooms I'm good. unsure.gif

thumb3d.gif
MDG
You can drive mine too if you mop my bathroom. thumb3d.gif

Click to view attachment
balljoint
Yeah, ummm, Michael? Woodsy said he was done with "base" models. 'kay?

Talk to him when you can bring him a Carrera 4....

Or at least a car with a manual transmission...

pinch.gif
MDG
QUOTE(balljoint @ Oct 22 2012, 11:00 AM) *

Yeah, ummm, Michael? Woodsy said he was done with "base" models. 'kay?

Talk to him when you can bring him a Carrera 4....

Or at least a car with a manual transmission...

pinch.gif

'07 Carrera S - 6 speed.

mad.gif

Dimwit. dry.gif
MDG
Dave.

The C4's are great in the snow. Otherwise a lot of extra weight to make it feel even less like a 911. With the C2 you can still move the back end around. Somewhat.

Dave = dimwit dry.gif
balljoint
Michael,

Why do you keep signing your posts as dimwit?

You're weird.

6 speed auto eh? Sweet! rolleyes.gif
MDG
Dave?

Are we even allowed in here? unsure.gif
Woody
av-943.gif btw it was a 6 speed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.