Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite Stretch of Road Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ellisor3
Thought I would create a photo thread of your favorite stretches of road in your 914.

Near St. Augustine FL, with trees over the road, very straight so you can wind it up a bit.
Click to view attachment

And the Copilot.
Click to view attachment
Bruce Hinds
Great roads in the west!

I had the opportunity to live in Colorado that has many great roads. Loco Denver folks will all know Turkey Creek Canyon Road.

Lyons to Estes Park on Hwy 7 is a good fast drive, but Hwy 66 is the shorter more challenging route with increasing and decreasing radius turns is my favorite. The the canyon from Estes to Ft. Collins on Hwy 34 is pretty awesome too.

I once had to drive to So. Cal from CO and found 89A from Flagstaff headed SW. That was pretty spectacular in February. After all the twisties to flatten out on the desert floor and the Cactus all in bloom.

Wait . . . are there any bad roads in a Teener? beerchug.gif

Andyrew
The quickest drive for me is about 25 minutes from my house. 26 mile road, goes all the way to highway 26, take it up and back. about 45 minutes up and 45 minutes back on the road. Lots of high and low speed twisties and some good areas to wind it up.

Click to view attachment

But this is just the road I take the most...

However I really like Highway 88.

Click to view attachment
Madswede
I wish I had more pics of NM highway 4 through the Jemez Mtns. One of my all-time favorites, very twisty with a few places (admittedly at ~10k ft altitude) to open it up. Nice thread, I look forward to contributing actual photos next spring. shades.gif

By the way, that's the first time I've seen pics of CA look greener than pics of FL. What's up with that? confused24.gif
ScoopLV
The Overseas Highway, US1 from Key Largo to Key West.

Here's a picture of Pigeon Key, just a bit south of Marathon.

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.