Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Heading to Chicago Thursday then on to South Bend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
So I am flying into Chicago thursday the 25th. I get in at 6:45pm & I need to get my rental. Any teeners in Chicago up for a late dinner? I've got to head to Notre Dame & south bend after. The weekend is pretty much taken up with classes. Although my evenings there are fairly open if anyone lives in the South Bend area.

I leave Chicago on Monday around 2:30 & am flying into Oakland to pick up my Creamsicle from Mark. I dropped it at Original customs for some fine tuning & a new windshield
timothy_nd28
Maybe, I have 3 exams this week, plus my wife and son just left for Ireland for the week. So I'm stuck at home with my 5 yr old daughter. This may prove to be a very tough week for me! Depending how my studying goes, and if I can find a baby sitter, maybe I can sneak out for dinner with a fellow teener.
JRust
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Oct 21 2012, 06:00 PM) *

Maybe, I have 3 exams this week, plus my wife and son just left for Ireland for the week. So I'm stuck at home with my 5 yr old daughter. This may prove to be a very tough week for me! Depending how my studying goes, and if I can find a baby sitter, maybe I can sneak out for dinner with a fellow teener.

No pressure. Just throwing it out just in case. I haven't met to many teeners out east of me. Except for those that went to RRC or Route 66. My time is pretty limited so no biggie if I don't see anyone while I am out.
rnellums
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Oct 21 2012, 09:00 PM) *

Where are you studying?
gms
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 21 2012, 06:11 PM) *

So I am flying into Chicago thursday the 25th. I get in at 6:45pm & I need to get my rental. Any teeners in Chicago up for a late dinner? I've got to head to Notre Dame & south bend after. The weekend is pretty much taken up with classes. Although my evenings there are fairly open if anyone lives in the South Bend area.

I leave Chicago on Monday around 2:30 & am flying into Oakland to pick up my Creamsicle from Mark. I dropped it at Original customs for some fine tuning & a new windshield

I will see who I can get together, are you flying into ORD?
timothy_nd28
QUOTE(rnellums @ Oct 22 2012, 05:06 AM) *

QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Oct 21 2012, 09:00 PM) *

Where are you studying?

Indiana University (South Bend)
JRust
QUOTE(gms @ Oct 22 2012, 10:17 AM) *

I'm flying into Midway & heading from there to South Bend. I do have a rental so hopefully something sort of in route. Whatever works though I have GPS so as long as I have an address we're good. My flight get's in at 6:45. I'd figure at least 30-45 minutes to get my car & bags. Hopefully it will be quicker but to be safe. I realize that get's a little late for dinner. So really no biggie if people can't do it.

I do have evenings open in South Bend that weekend. I think we are done about 6 each day. So if that is better for anyone I am open to something in South Bend too. My cell is (five4one five1zero 00eight6)
gms
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 22 2012, 02:32 PM) *

I'm flying into Midway & heading from there to South Bend. I do have a rental so hopefully something sort of in route. Whatever works though I have GPS so as long as I have an address we're good. My flight get's in at 6:45. I'd figure at least 30-45 minutes to get my car & bags. Hopefully it will be quicker but to be safe. I realize that get's a little late for dinner. So really no biggie if people can't do it.

I do have evenings open in South Bend that weekend. I think we are done about 6 each day. So if that is better for anyone I am open to something in South Bend too. My cell is (five4one five1zero 00eight6)

Garold Shaffer and I are in, we will find something south of Chicago on the way to South Bend and let you know.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(gms @ Oct 22 2012, 12:04 PM) *

Garold Shaffer and I are in, we will find something south of Chicago on the way to South Bend and let you know.

Well I can do both beerchug.gif I'm 1/2 way between Chicago & South Bend. Don't forget South Bend is an hour ahead timewise from Chicago.
rnellums
I might have to make the drive for this, though not in the teener.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Oct 22 2012, 12:56 PM) *

QUOTE(gms @ Oct 22 2012, 12:04 PM) *

Well I can do both beerchug.gif I'm 1/2 way between Chicago & South Bend. Don't forget South Bend is an hour ahead timewise from Chicago.

What route are you taking to South Bend, I assume the Indiana toll Road????? If so I suggest getting off at exit 23 (Portage Exit) and we meet at Quaker Steak & Lube here in Portage. Good food, car place, and on your way to South Bend.
JRust
I have no idea on my route. I think it did have a toll road. Just tell me where to exit & I am there. I'll just plug it into my GPS & trust it to get me there.

Glad to hear I will get my teener fix while I am there evilgrin.gif . Be good to meet you guys piratenanner.gif & I love a good steak drooley.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Oct 22 2012, 02:01 PM) *

What route are you taking to South Bend, I assume the Indiana toll Road????? If so I suggest getting off at exit 23 (Portage Exit) and we meet at Quaker Steak & Lube here in Portage. Good food, car place, and on your way to South Bend.

Is this the place? Quaker Steak & Lube

Want to make sure I get the right place. Not sure if this is a chain type place or what idea.gif
JRust
Just did Mapquest from the airport to my hotel. Does this look right? Map

Did you guys decide on the restaurant? Or was a night other than thursday (tomorrow) better?
gms
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 24 2012, 11:43 AM) *

Just did Mapquest from the airport to my hotel. Does this look right? Map

Did you guys decide on the restaurant? Or was a night other than thursday (tomorrow) better?

I talked to Garold yesterday and we will meet you at Quaker Steak & Lube.
I am not sure who else will be attending.

JRust
QUOTE(gms @ Oct 24 2012, 12:59 PM) *

Did I have the right one? 6245 Ameriplex Dr, Portage, IN 46368

I'll update the thread from the airports if I have any delays. I'll be ready for some good food after a 5+ hour flight dry.gif . Not to mention good company beerchug.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 24 2012, 12:56 PM) *

QUOTE(gms @ Oct 24 2012, 12:59 PM) *

Did I have the right one? 6245 Ameriplex Dr, Portage, IN 46368

I'll update the thread from the airports if I have any delays. I'll be ready for some good food after a 5+ hour flight dry.gif . Not to mention good company beerchug.gif

Yep that is the correct address. Here is my mobile number 219-730-6418 just give me a call when you are leaving the airport. At that time of night it should take you under an hour to get to QS&L
JRust
Thanks Garold I've got you in my phone. My cell is 5four1 5one0 00eight6 ( I put it in that way to hopefully keep it from spammers dry.gif Not to be annoying smile.gif ). Be good to meet the guy who's mom made me such a kick ass service cover for my 914 aktion035.gif
JRust
Flights on time biggrin.gif
jim912928
I'm actually relocating back to south bend (7 year absence). In an apartment temporarily....and I am driving my 914-6 conversion down there this Sunday!
JRust
WEll my flight left on time anyway. Talk about a clusterF#@$#@ck from then on. We hit some turbulance getting close to chicago. Then pilot comes on & says there is a storm & we are in a holding pattern until it blows over. A half hour later he says we are flying to Indianapolis because Chicago is closed temporarily until the storm blows over. Hey I don't want to die so no problem. We get to Indy & have to sit out on the Tarmac for 2 hours waiting. We can't even get in to the terminal because there is no space. When we finally do t to the terminal we can't get off. It is only to refuel. There was an extra 4hours on a plane I will never get back. Not to mention I was starving as they didn't have jack on the plane to eat sad.gif . Worst experience flying I have ever had

When I got to Chicago the Enterprise rent a car was already closed. Spent another half hour in lines trying to get my car. WTF.gif . I'm so glad this day is over. I am going to bed.

We may try to meet tomorrow night or sunday night. Once I am not half dead tomorrow & get my schedule figured. I'll get back to you. Sorry if i messed up anyones schedule
JRust
Okay so yesterday blew but I've covered that.

I am open tonight or sunday night. Tonight I am done with classes & back to my hotel by7. Sunday I am done at 5. Either would work if your available. No problem if not. Thanks for trying last night & sorry it didn't work out smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.