Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Was looking for a Suby Donor car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JStroud
I've been looking around for a Suby donor car for a few weeks now, was going to do a Suby conversion on my Yellow 75. Then happen to find this is in the cassifieds here...... and the next thing you know another 914 was on my trailer headed home. piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif lol-2.gif

At home.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

No room in the garage, so until the shop is done... its new home...all tucked in. unsure.gif

Click to view attachment

Here's the motor thats in it now, a rotary, neither Fred or myself wanted to pull it in the driveway, so I'm going to pull it here, then get it back to Fred. aktion035.gif

Click to view attachment

Here is what the car looked like a few years ago, I'd like to bring it back to close to the same look, but with a Subaru engine and tranny. beer.gif

Click to view attachment

It was nice meeting you Fred,(freddiemac on the site) and your family.
We had fun loading the car on the tiny streets of Albany, but we got it done.
And Fred needs to post pictures of his 911, Rotary turbo motor, pushing over 700 Hp to the RW, Very nice, professional setup. Very impressive. first.gif

So now the plan is, put a stock motor in the Yellow car, I think I have a couple, and sell it.

Then restore the black 74, with the Suby engine and tranny, park it in the garage next to the white 74... and then decide which one to drive. driving.gif

Too much fun!
Jeff
Michael N
Holy smokes Jeff!!! You might have a 914 problem av-943.gif .
JStroud
QUOTE(Michael N @ Oct 21 2012, 08:17 PM) *

Have you checked your signature latley poke.gif
They're like Lays potato chips "You can't have just one" av-943.gif

Besides its just an investment.....right.

Jeff
VaccaRabite
Is the rotary toasted?
JStroud
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 22 2012, 08:51 AM) *

Is the rotary toasted?

No, actually it runs very well. Fred wanted to keep the motor, he has more into it then he would be able to get with it in the car. I think he wants to save it for a future project.

Worked out good for me.

Jeff
Andyrew
Luuuuccccky!
Mike Bellis
You have the sickness... You have it bad! I've seen where you live. You can store at least a 100 more 914's there... biggrin.gif
JStroud
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Oct 22 2012, 01:55 PM) *

You have the sickness... You have it bad! I've seen where you live. You can store at least a 100 more 914's there... biggrin.gif

You're right, I'm all Fuched up av-943.gif ya not only do I have lots of room and a trailer, but awhile back in a conversation my wife stated " I don't care how many cars you buy" w00t.gif So I'm thinking one of each year, maybe each color....too many cars and way too much fun aktion035.gif av-943.gif

Jeff
JStroud
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Oct 22 2012, 10:29 AM) *

Luuuuccccky!

Seems like it, the car ended up being in fairly good shape for sitting as long as it did, the only bad area is below the windshield, the whole cowl needs to be replaced. Other than that the car is really solid. Since it's been setup for a water cooled engine and already has the 5 lug, this should really jump start my suby conversion, the flares were an added bonus. beer.gif

Jeff
JStroud
Went and transferred ownership, and registered it on a non op status. It's nice when PO keep up on fees even when a car sits. $50 total DMV fees piratenanner.gif

That was sweet. aktion035.gif

Jeff
McMark
No DMV fees! Nice! Cherry on top. sunglasses.gif
JStroud
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 22 2012, 09:31 PM) *

No DMV fees! Nice! Cherry on top. sunglasses.gif

ya that was nice, since the white car cost me $500, and I still haven't got the yellow car completed, they won't complete the registration until it has the vin verified, they won't verify the vin without the engine in, (hasn't had one since I bought it), also they won't put it on a non op since the registration isn't complete, so I pay $87 a year not to have a registration or title in my name, what a racket.
Might have to throw any engine in one day just to stop the madness lol-2.gif

Jeff
Lennies914
Keep your eyes open Jeff. Now that you spent a chunk of your Suby budget one should pop up any day now! biggrin.gif

Looks like a great start for a fun project. sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
JStroud
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Oct 23 2012, 06:23 AM) *

Keep your eyes open Jeff. Now that you spent a chunk of your Suby budget one should pop up any day now! biggrin.gif

Looks like a great start for a fun project. sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif

Funny you should say that, the day I found the 914 I also found a suby car that fit what I was looking for, had to make a choice, couldn't afford both right now.

I think I made the right choice, subies are plentiful, I'll find another.
Besides, still have to finish the white car, then get the yellow car running and sold, then start the black car, and somewhere in there finish my shop.

Got three more puppies to sell, then I'll have my suby $ back aktion035.gif

Jeff
mrholland2
QUOTE(jsconst @ Oct 22 2012, 03:21 PM) *

You're right, I'm all Fuched up av-943.gif ya not only do I have lots of room and a trailer, but awhile back in a conversation my wife stated " I don't care how many cars you buy" w00t.gif So I'm thinking one of each year, maybe each color....too many cars and way too much fun aktion035.gif av-943.gif

Jeff

Yes, but what did she say after "I don't care how many cars you buy"? LOL
ConeDodger
QUOTE(mrholland2 @ Oct 23 2012, 06:42 AM) *

Jeff

You'd have to meet her. She really is that cool... biggrin.gif
Michael N
QUOTE(jsconst @ Oct 21 2012, 07:22 PM) *

That is funny. I forgot that I even had a signature loaded. I turned signatures and avatars off along time ago when I was afraid what "Z" might put up next with my kids around. It has been so long ago that maybe it is safe to turn them back on again.
DBCooper
QUOTE(Michael N @ Oct 23 2012, 08:49 PM) *
... a long time ago when I was afraid what "Z" might put up next with my kids around. ...

Yeah.... I miss those too.... [sigh]
JStroud
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 23 2012, 07:51 AM) *

QUOTE(mrholland2 @ Oct 23 2012, 06:42 AM) *

Jeff

You'd have to meet her. She really is that cool... biggrin.gif

The only conditions, keep the ugly ones out back, and someday she wants a blue one.

Jeff
JStroud
QUOTE(Michael N @ Oct 23 2012, 08:49 PM) *

QUOTE(jsconst @ Oct 21 2012, 07:22 PM) *

That is funny. I forgot that I even had a signature loaded. I turned signatures and avatars off along time ago when I was afraid what "Z" might put up next with my kids around. It has been so long ago that maybe it is safe to turn them back on again.

Ok Michael, you might have forgot what's in your signature, but I'm sure you remember how many cars you have. laugh.gif

Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.