Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: URO Turn Signal relay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sea Dragon 914
I had a problem with my turn signal relay a few months back and ordered the aftermarket URO Relay as replacement. I should have known there was a problem as the relay didn't quite work right when I first put it in. I sent it back to the vendor for replacement as I thought the one sent to me was defective. They verified the part number and sent me a replacement. It worked the same way so I just kept it.

Anyway, the relay doesn't work anymore. Now both my interior turn signal indicators blink and my brake light indicator blink all the time. mad.gif I pulled the relay out of one of my other cars and it immediately fixed the problem. So, I'm ordering the factory relay.

Maybe these work in the 911s but they didn't work on my 914. Save your money and buy a genuine part if you need a turn signal relay.

SD
toolguy
I had both inside indicator lights start blinking when I used the wrong wattage bulbs in the front TS lights. . . I discovered it only because I did a wholesale swap of all my bulbs with new ones. . the turn indicators worked fine before the swap, started blinking inside in unison after the swap. . . I put the old bulbs back in and everything worked OK. . . so I got different new bulbs in the identical factory wattage and everything resumed working. . . Don't know if that is your issue but it was sure strange when it happened to me. .
Sea Dragon 914
I didn't change anything except the turn signal relay. I was having issues with the old one (both interior turn signal indicators would blink dimly when I put a turn signal on). I pulled one from my other car and that immediately fixed the problem. So, I ordered the URO replacement part. The first thing I noticed was that both interior turn signal markers would blink in sequence with the parking brake indicator which is why I sent the first one I received back to the vendor. The second one they sent to me did the same. I should have returned the part then. Anyway, I ordered the factory part and should have it this week.

QUOTE(toolguy @ Oct 21 2012, 11:22 PM) *

I had both inside indicator lights start blinking when I used the wrong wattage bulbs in the front TS lights. . . I discovered it only because I did a wholesale swap of all my bulbs with new ones. . the turn indicators worked fine before the swap, started blinking inside in unison after the swap. . . I put the old bulbs back in and everything worked OK. . . so I got different new bulbs in the identical factory wattage and everything resumed working. . . Don't know if that is your issue but it was sure strange when it happened to me. .

VaccaRabite
If it says URO, that is your cue not to buy it.
When you buy junk, you get junk.

Zach
barndoor
I bought two URO relays last week.
Both did not work at all !
I sent them back,and bought an OEM one that had a little german flag next to it.
Its stamped made in CHINA !
but at least it works......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.