Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Euro Blinky
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Did a euro blinky conversion tonight. It's a nice conversion. Took some modification to make the parts work like I wanted them to.
Movie is about 2 MB.

IPB Image
more pictures of this project

Mueller
looks good....did you line the inside of the housing with something to increase the reflectiveness???
McMark
Yeah, some aluminum tape stuff Ed brought. I have to buy more for the other housing.

This looks like the stuff.
sj914
Why don't you use alclad paint. I've seen it used in RC car bodies. Makes the plastic body look like chrome.
McMark
Where can I get it? What I've got will work great for this project, but a paint might be nice in the future.
sj914
Most hobby shops should have them.

check out www.alclad2.com
Britain Smith
Why does the whole thing lite up? Wouldn't you want the bottom portion to do something different or am I missing something here?

-Britain
sj914
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Nov 1 2004, 10:40 AM)
Why does the whole thing lite up? Wouldn't you want the bottom portion to do something different or am I missing something here?

-Britain

agree.gif The blinkers would look cool if the two bulbs blink separately.
seanery
Craig Laughlin's (boxstr) Euro light conversion kits do just that.
Very nice in my opinion. biggrin.gif
McMark
QUOTE(sj914 @ Nov 1 2004, 10:47 AM)
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Nov 1 2004, 10:40 AM)
Why does the whole thing lite up?  Wouldn't you want the bottom portion to do something different or am I missing something here?

-Britain

agree.gif The blinkers would look cool if the two bulbs blink separately.

I could have wired it that way. But honestly I doubt it would be bright enough to see. This way the turn signal is very bright. I'll leave it up to the owner though. Easy enough to switch between the two options. Easiest thing in the world.
Aaron Cox
id want the parking light to stay lit, and the top part to blink...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.