Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Black or Gold BBS wheel centers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eddie914
Should I paint my wheel centers black or gold?

I have a pair of BBS 16 x 8 with black centers and a pair of BBS Mahle 16 x 9 with original gold centers.

Should I paint all four wheels to match? Which color?

Thanks Eddie
Andyrew
What about Red?

I like the gold better than the black.. Maybe its the size difference.. but what about black completely? like the lips and such...
McMark
FLAT Black = laugh.gif

Gold = icon8.gif

That'll be 2 cents, please.
bob91403
QUOTE(markd@mac.com @ Nov 1 2004, 01:12 AM)
FLAT Black = laugh.gif

Gold = icon8.gif

That'll be 2 cents, please.

agree.gif Satin black, gold justs seems so out of place on all the teeners I seen wearing those rims. With your paint, red would look better than gold. Black or red, yes, gold barf.gif
Mueller
the black is boring, you don't see the details of the rims at all....how about an argent silver color??
Jappe914
graphite grey looks nice also, but it depends the colour of your car ofcourse. I have set of black and set of lime green, same color as my car
IPB Image
rhodyguy
match the red stripe on the hood. did you have fun at brememton on sat? pictures?

kevin
Aaron Cox
silver! painetd a nice silver....
URY914
Black hides the dirt and brake dust.
Eddie914
Kevin,

Saturday was a great day at Bremerton. We needed more 914s! I was the only one there.

The morning started out cold and very damp … and very slippery! A hairpin corner was added on the backside to avoid the dreaded VHT traction compound.

The sun came out early and the track was completely dry by 11:00 am.

I finally had the opportunity to find the limits of the 914 with a dry track and warm tires and brakes … FUN, FUN, FUN! I managed to cross the limits a couple of times too. I ran with open megaphones … LOUD!

Dino and Dan Root both came by (with their wives) to check out the activity. Dan brought his 914/6 GT 2.2 ... SWEET! Signal Orange is such a gorgeous color on 914s.

Wish you could have been there.
IPB Image
Zeke
My vote:

IPB Image
Mrs. K
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 1 2004, 12:16 PM)
Black hides the dirt and brake dust.

Good point! agree.gif

Lisa cool_shades.gif
kermit
Black it out to look bad ass

Gold, if you want to be a classic old school racer
Eddie914
I'll probably go with black since the car is mostly a track car.

Bad Ass! Yes!

Lots of brake dust ... of course!

What paint should I use? Wurth?

Clearcoat?

Thanks

Eddie
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Eddie914 @ Nov 2 2004, 10:12 PM)
I'll probably go with black since the car is mostly a track car.

Bad Ass! Yes!

Lots of brake dust ... of course!

What paint should I use? Wurth?

Clearcoat?

Thanks

Eddie

Black power coating, This will resist hot brake dust. Gloss will rinse off easier.
kermit
Are you going ALL black? If thats the case, you'll want to get them powder coated, so it'll hold up when you replace tires.

Matte or gloss? Depends on how slick and clean you want the car to look. I kinda like matte, kinda Mad Maxish...
nebreitling
is that the zoloft character, howard? lol2.gif
Eddie914
Kevin,

More pictures of Saturday at BR.

Carrie is in trouble ... no pics of my 914 on the track. mad.gif mad.gif

Eddie
Eddie914
Oops!

Kevin,

Here is the link: BR Pictures

http://www.bmwpugetsound.com/images/irdc_p...ayday_10_30_04/

Eddie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.