Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hand Throttle How To?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
able2222
For those with dual carb cars whats the best/easiest/cheapest way to set up a hand throttle so you can set a fast idle to let your car warm up a little before jumping in and driving off? I know you are supposed to get in and drive but there are times when it's cold that you want the car to idle without having to sit in it with your foot on the gas pedal. Thanks for your responses and better yet pictures...
McMark
If you can find an original 914/6 hand throttle. That's the easiest. Second would be to fabricate some approximation of the factory setup. And finally, if you have Weber IDFs that are compatible with the choke controls, you could add a choke cable to richen the mixture during warmup.
bandjoey
I think 914rubber sells a kit
Mikey914
I have a few more (3) I can bring in from Germany. I originally looked at making these myself, but the actuator assembly is a little more complex. As I do have a source, there was no need to make these. The cost isn't cheap, but I couldn't justify, making them for the cost vs demand.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.