Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1975 914-V8 Bay Area CA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
matthepcat

I have been dancing around selling to move to another project for about a year.
idea.gif
Some of you have seen it in person, other on the forum.

I have owned this car since 2010, and fixed most of the bad.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I am starting at 11,500 firm.
Engine
1975 Chevy 355 with mild cam, 9:1 compression, smog legal Holly carb & intake (pretty stock and reliable) ~35,000 miles on engine. Early Renegade kit, that the original owner beefed up with additional bracing & engine mount. 901 trans-axle rebuilt by renegade ( 1st gear block out with tall gears) sometime in the 90's.

Chassis
Whole chassis reinforced,wheel wells, rear strut towers tied together and to the fire-wall, boxed steel reinforced engine compartment, Boxed trailing arms, welded seams in passenger compartment.
Original owner spared no expense to make this car solid. ( could easily be set up for track) You can jack the car from one jack point and lift the whole side of the car up and door opens like its flat on the ground.

List of what I have done:

• Back date bumpers to 70-74 style bumpers.
• Converted front suspension to 1989 Carrera
Carrera hubs, rebuilt Bilstein inserts, Carrera vented brake rotors, new ball joints, new turbo tie rods, new wheel bearings.
• Porsche 944 Turbo brake calipers with PBR pads and steel braided lines, new 19mm master cyl.
• Rear 5 lug was converted using 911 hub with new wheel bearings from Eric.
• 100MM wheel studs were used all around the car.
• HARTMAN 3 piece forged racing wheels with Yokohama track/street tires.
• New custom Fluidyne radiator (utilizing a Pantera radiator core)
• Custom cut steel front bumper for radiator and new bumper pad from 914rubber.com
• Complete Interior rust removal, Oil base prime/paint, sound deadening, new fuse panel and auxiliary fuse panel, speakers and i-pod connect.
• Completely refurbished and powder coated pedal assembly with aluminum foot-board
• Custom solid aluminum dash
• Transmission output shaft from a 915 trans, along with 100MM Porsche 944 CV upgrade, Machined 914 axles.
• J.W. Speaker Hi/Low LED fog light/headlights (very high end)
• Prosport gauges: Oil pressure, water temp, voltage, Wide-Band O2 & LED back-lit dash gauges(From AL) for improved night visibility.

What it needs

Doesn't like to go into first gear at a full stop ( you can, its just vague?). This could be adjustment, all the way to a new first gear syncro.---- Update as it seems this issue is fixed....just needed further clutch adjustment.

Windshield wipers stopped working, but I never drive in wet weather and experience showed me Rain-X worked as a cheap solution.

No Heater or A/C becuase people will ask.

As reliable as it is, I think it would be good to install TBI ( save some $ at the pump)

Needs the back pad light installed & wired.

It's a driver, not a show car with some paint chips and scratches. It starts every time, even on a cold morning. I can jump in it now and drive anywhere ( if you could afford the gas and have ear plugs!).

PM if you are interested.

Matt

P.S.--Car comes with a weltmeister front swaybar, and a box of extra stuff. Also the car comes with a binder from the owner before me, and most of my receipts.
Andyrew
Please add 3k to your asking price...
Chris H.
agree.gif Seriously...that is a STEAL. Beautiful car Matt.
McMark
agree.gif Way too much awesome for $12.5
matthepcat
Thanks for the compliments guys. I have had a bunch of interest in it from Craigslist.

I may venture onto e-bay and up the price.
matthepcat
Cold Start Video Here!

driving.gif
bulitt
You cant build one as nice for anywhere near the price you are asking.
It's badass. Love those rear tires!
Mike Bellis
Very sad... sad.gif Someone needs to buy this car!!!
matthepcat
Mike,

I will probably ask for advice on the next project, as you have much vehicle guru knowledge. Wil still be a member here to see how everyone's projects are going.
matthepcat
No floorboard tar removal dirty work for the buyer.

IPB Image

Driver view

IPB Image

Trunk ( battery could be located to engine bay)

IPB Image

Chassis reinforcement
IPB Image

Seats in good shape
IPB Image
NecronomiconJules
All,

I have seen the car; Matt took it out for a spin too.

In a word: it is every bit as awesome as it looks. Solid, thoroughly built, very usable, and a presence that pictures just can't evoke.

Matt is an engaging guy, as honest as his 914, quick to point out what minor niggles it has, patient in explaining to the unskilled (me).

In the end I decided it isn't quite my type of 914, but it's certainly the best $12.5k deal I've ever seen.

GLWS Matt.
J.
matthepcat
Thanks for the honest feedback on my car.

Very nice to meet another member from the world, and good luck finding that perfect ride your looking for.

Matt

QUOTE(NecronomiconJules @ Oct 30 2012, 09:35 AM) *

All,

I have seen the car; Matt took it out for a spin too.

In a word: it is every bit as awesome as it looks. Solid, thoroughly built, very usable, and a presence that pictures just can't evoke.

Matt is an engaging guy, as honest as his 914, quick to point out what minor niggles it has, patient in explaining to the unskilled (me).

In the end I decided it isn't quite my type of 914, but it's certainly the best $12.5k deal I've ever seen.

GLWS Matt.
J.

SUNAB914
rolleyes.gif
HMM I'll be watching this!!
Is the paint really that nice??
matthepcat
It's nice...but not perfect.

She's on e-bay now.

QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Nov 2 2012, 12:57 PM) *

rolleyes.gif
HMM I'll be watching this!!
Is the paint really that nice??

flippa
Why has this car not been sold confused24.gif ; it would already be in my garage if I had the spare cash. Bump to the top.

Nice car, good luck with the sale.
SUNAB914
Too soon. uuggg!
tumamilhem
wow. if i could have a second 914, i would definitely like one that's modified and beefed up like yours. very nicely done, sir. i commend you on your car while i am in total jealousy of you. lol smile.gif
matthepcat

Thanks for kind words. It has been a labor of love to be where she is today.

On another note, I had a member come look at the car this evening. He mentioned that the shifting problem might be an issue for many people.

I decided to give another try at clutch adjustment, and that seems to have fixed the first gear issue.

Stoked!

Seems I just had the clutch cable too loose to find 1st gear at a stop nicely.

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Nov 4 2012, 04:43 PM) *

wow. if i could have a second 914, i would definitely like one that's modified and beefed up like yours. very nicely done, sir. i commend you on your car while i am in total jealousy of you. lol smile.gif

tumamilhem
Quick and east fix. No worries. smile.gif
bfrymire
Glad to hear it was an easy fix. Your car is very nice, and I am sure someone will step up and buy it.

Actually, someone please buy it, so I will not be tempted. (I looked at it today,and if I didn't already have 6 cars, it would have come home with me. ) smile.gif

THere are a lot of details that are lost in the photos. A very nice build, to my eyes at least.

Some details not mentioned.

1. Wide band O2 sensor and gauge mounted in dash.
2. Relay board delete.
3. JWest fuse board update
4. This car was coverted before pre-1975 smog exemption and is smog legal, if the law is ever repealed. It has the referee sticker.

GLWS!

-- brett

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Nov 4 2012, 04:53 PM) *

Thanks for kind words. It has been a labor of love to be where she is today.

On another note, I had a member come look at the car this evening. He mentioned that the shifting problem might be an issue for many people.

I decided to give another try at clutch adjustment, and that seems to have fixed the first gear issue.

Stoked!

Seems I just had the clutch cable too loose to find 1st gear at a stop nicely.

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Nov 4 2012, 04:43 PM) *

matthepcat
Thanks for the feedback Brett!
spinsall4
Is the car still for sale? I am in the East Bay and would love to take a look tomorrow. Sent you a PM with my phone number
matthepcat
Replied & called you.

QUOTE(spinsall4 @ Nov 12 2012, 10:07 AM) *

Is the car still for sale? I am in the East Bay and would love to take a look tomorrow. Sent you a PM with my phone number

matthepcat
Bump for price drop by $1,000.
thumper1
I'm a newbie to this site, however not new to the 914's. Have had 3 in the past with 2 of them V8 conversions.

Is the car still for sale?
matthepcat
It is still for sale, with a handful of folks dancing around making it theirs.

I catch myself looking at Subaru conversion parts, so get it while I still want to sell it.

bulitt
<<SALE PENDING>>

Awesome! aktion035.gif
matthepcat
She is SOLD folks.

Off to explore Texas.
Chris H.
So what now Matt?
matthepcat
Good question. 914 community is great and well supported, but I might venture into the British car realm.

We shall see.
Gint
You could do worse. The British held their end up.

Grats
bfrymire
Congrats on the sale.

I have a friend with a tr6 with the buick v6. 300hp. Mini-cobra. :-)

-- brett

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Dec 12 2012, 09:41 AM) *

Good question. 914 community is great and well supported, but I might venture into the British car realm.

We shall see.

Nine_14
Congrats biggrin.gif
David J
I am the lucky recipient of this fine car - it should be in Dallas by Saturday. This will be my 3rd teener, a 70 and 72 that my wife and I both drove many years ago. They were fun cars but this one is going to be a different animal all together. Much more fun.

I can't say enough good things about Matt - who was great in his willingness to assist during this sale. It's a very difficult proposition to buy a car long distance, but Matt and I worked out the details with compromise and mutual trust. Thanks Matt!Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
matthepcat
Good Luck David.

Enjoy the fun!

QUOTE(David J @ Dec 12 2012, 05:51 PM) *

I am the lucky recipient of this fine car - it should be in Dallas by Saturday. This will be my 3rd teener, a 70 and 72 that my wife and I both drove many years ago. They were fun cars but this one is going to be a different animal all together. Much more fun.

I can't say enough good things about Matt - who was great in his willingness to assist during this sale. It's a very difficult proposition to buy a car long distance, but Matt and I worked out the details with compromise and mutual trust. Thanks Matt!Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Gint
Congratulations to you also David. driving.gif
Evil914
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Dec 12 2012, 09:41 AM) *

We shall see.

If you are in my part of Texas stop by.Maybe I can talk you out of this British madness of which you speak confused24.gif No? well stop by anyway.......... shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.