Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Caravan to The Tropical Ramble
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeSharp
I'll be going East. biggrin.gif
About 2500 miles of it. I was thinking I should get long distence. I want to arrive early enough to recoup from the drive in time to enjoy the Ramble.
So I would like to leave on the 29th and take the 10.
I'll be taking the Cayman and pulling the small trailer with a car but I don't know which one yet. I hope to be on the Gulf Coast by Thursday. Not sure how I'll get down there but I well probably slow down and start seeing the country instead of driving through it.
I'm taking a laptop so I will have a confusser onboard and I'll post when I am at rest.
bcheney
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Oct 22 2012, 06:11 PM) *

I'll be going East. biggrin.gif
About 2500 miles of it. I was thinking I should get long distence. I want to arrive early enough to recoup from the drive in time to enjoy the Ramble.
I'll be taking the Cayman and pulling the small trailer with a car but I don't know which one yet. I hope to be on the Gulf Coast by Thursday. Not sure how I'll get down there but I well probably slow down and start seeing the country instead of driving through it.
I'm taking a laptop so I will have a confusser onboard and I'll post when I am at rest.

Very cool that you are coming all the way from Cali! Stay safe and enjoy the ride!!
Madswede
first.gif Unbelieveable! I salute you. Next year's Tropical Ramble I'll drive with ya. beerchug.gif
balljoint
thumb3d.gif

If you swing North you can park the Cayman in my side yard and I will throw some Moose on the BBQ for you. biggrin.gif
JoeSharp
Hey Dave, you can bet that when I do the swing North I'll let you know.
For sure.
ThePaintedMan
Holy crap, thats really cool! I have yet to ever see the west coast, let alone drive cross-county for a get together. Really looking forward to meeting you!
brant
Joe,

I don't know your route
but your welcome to come through colorado either direction
I've got plenty of room for the cayman and we can throw a BBQ and bonfire here

brant
ellisor3
Hot damn, never seen a 914 without rust in these parts.
JoeSharp
QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Oct 23 2012, 07:08 PM) *

Hot damn, never seen a 914 without rust in these parts.

Let me know when you find one I'd like to see one too.
JoeSharp
I'm leaving from the R and G so I only have 4 days. biggrin.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
JoeSharp
w00t.gif There Days.w00t.gif
no1uno
Looking forward to meeting you and hearing the road stories. Have a safe trip!
JoeSharp
Yeah, I'm looking foward to meeting everyone too.
2 DAYS.
JoeSharp
Looks like I can't leave untill Monday. I'm soo bummed, too much shit in the way.
JoeSharp
Sooo, here it is Tuesday afternoon and I am still here. It looks like I maybe able to leave tomorrow. Family stuff in the way, I have to go to Palm Springs before I can go. Changing the oil in the coach now hope to leave for PS in an hour or 2.
Madswede
Are you taking I-40 and coming through Albuquerque then or just getting to and staying on I-10?
Mike Bellis
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

biggrin.gif
JoeSharp
Still trying to get the fuches out of here. Going to do the run to PS tomorrow and head out when I return. That will only put me 2 days behind but with this being a really long haul and the fact that I trying to arrive days early I think I will be OK.
Almost looks like Paul is trying to pull an Elliott. Seems like he said he would be there Saturday. Only a week early.
I am not going to let him beat me there no matter how far he has to drive to get there.
Jon: Nope, I'm going to go the 10 unless you tell me to come by and pick you up. I won't need the address cause I know where you live. You just say the words and I'll be there.
Now as for my return trip I might go the 40 if I had to take someone's newly completed 3.2 Hot Rod 914 to there home I might think stopping by, THINK.... biggrin.gif
Mike, I'll post pics tomorrow.
Madswede
Joe, I wish I could say a resounding "yes come pick me up" but I can only take so many days off and I'm going to have to fly down there. dry.gif

As for the ride home, the hot rod won't quite be finished when we see it, with some details left to go yet. The plan has been since the decision to go with the major tuning option, that O'Brien is gonna trailer it here at some time in the near future while building some computer tuning profiles. I strongly suspect he'll head all the way out to CA to pick up some lesser-corroded items for his burgeoning business in the swampy FL. laugh.gif

Also, I think if I rode with you I'd not be able to pass my ... you know, "work" tests. rolleyes.gif

Very much looking forward to seeing you Joe!
euro911
Have a great, safe trip Joe. Wished I could put everything here on hold and ride shotgun in that Cayman laugh.gif ... See ya when you get back.

Jon, one day you'll get to retire, and they'll be no more 'work' tests to deal with shades.gif
URY914
Joe, I'll make a run over there today just to beat you there. biggrin.gif
JoeSharp
Paul: It's so nice that you can.
Series9
For the first time, the TR is on the 10-day forecast.

Boat Day (Friday the 9th): High 78*, no rain light winds.

beerchug.gif
Series9
Here's the plan. When you arrive, you'll get more detailed packet, but I thought this would help for those arriving mid-day.

Thursday will just be beer in the parking lot.

Put my number in your phone: (505)301-5657

carr914
My car is making the Caravan to Series9 tomorrow (without me).

Next week I'll drive my Ford Supercrew over to reunite.

Click to view attachment
jdunn
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Oct 30 2012, 07:10 AM) *

Paul: It's so nice that you can.

Joe, give me a call ASAP so we can arrange to meet up when you come thru I10 in Louisiana. I need advance notice because I am located 100 miles north of I10 and have a work schedule to deal with.

Jack (601)334-6161 cell
jdunn
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Oct 22 2012, 05:11 PM) *

I'll be going East. :D

Joe, give me a call ASAP so we can arrange to meet up when you drive thru Louisiana on I10. I need as much advance notice as possible because I live 100 miles north of I10 (around Baton Rouge) and have a work schedule to deal with.

Jack
(601)334-6161 cell
carr914
The Caravan with my Carr is on the way! dry.gif

Click to view attachment
Series9
Hey Sharp!

You gone yet?
JoeSharp
It's time to get on the road.
JoeSharp
Things didn't work out and I am back home. Maybe next year.
carr914
What Happened? confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.