Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OVERHAULIN on DSC Chanel is doing a VW Beetle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
struckn
OverHaulin' is redoing a VW Beetle and engin mods on Discover Chanel 247 Direct TV. It's on Now!
timothy_nd28
popcorn[1].gif
PanelBilly
I'm watching it now too. Just don't understand how they can fill, paint and handover the car in a few days. Doesn't everything shrink bank in the next few days and look like shit?
Black22
agree.gif I have always wondered the same thing!
InkyP
Wish they would do a teener!
Cap'n Krusty
Uhhhhh, guys? How about artificially induced dramatic panic. Take a month, make it look like 4 days so there'll be SOME semblance of excitement. Throw in a little friction between the hired hands and the boss, you have the standard "reality" formula.

The Cap'n
JmuRiz
I haven't seen any friction on an Overhaulin' build...I don't think Chip's into that kind of thing.
struckn
The paint cost $2,000 a gallon? Don't scatch it. I think I heard the engine guy say it was a Type 4 or had Type four parts, like the idea of 200HP with a blower, sounded good to. I like what they did but I think I'd leave the body like it was, and go with that new 200HP engine, tires and suspension to handle it.

driving.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 23 2012, 08:02 AM) *

Uhhhhh, guys? How about artificially induced dramatic panic. Take a month, make it look like 4 days so there'll be SOME semblance of excitement. Throw in a little friction between the hired hands and the boss, you have the standard "reality" formula.

The Cap'n

It's done in that time. I know 2 people who have been on a build. What you are NOT told is the build typically has 20+ people working around the clock on the car. One of the guys I know did 120 hours in one week

As for the soakback, I can guarantee there is. I have seen the 57 Chevy they did at Wyotech in person. Not only soak back but some flaws.

What I say above does NOT take away from what they do for people / cars. The one I saw in person, and the 2 people I know said it was well worth it, and that Chip is just as upstanding and genuine as he appears on the show. smile.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 23 2012, 04:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 23 2012, 08:02 AM) *

The Cap'n

It's done in that time. I know 2 people who have been on a build. What you are NOT told is the build typically has 20+ people working around the clock on the car. One of the guys I know did 120 hours in one week

As for the soakback, I can guarantee there is. I have seen the 57 Chevy they did at Wyotech in person. Not only soak back but some flaws.

What I say above does NOT take away from what they do for people / cars. The one I saw in person, and the 2 people I know said it was well worth it, and that Chip is just as upstanding and genuine as he appears on the show. smile.gif

OK. Saw the show last night. I , too, have my doubts about the longevity if the paint job, but the drama level was low and the troops seemed to really work together to get it done. Not at all like the other shows of the genre. The early shows of this series were a little more fake, IMO.

The Cap'n
matthepcat
I agree. I think that this new version of overhaulin is much better than the old series. Frankly I was getting sick of the 10 year old re-runs.

I liked everything about that bug, with acception of the wheels ( I hate all Foose wheels) and the orange paint. That orange reminds me of OEM Chevy rental cars and the avalanche truck.
steuspeed
I thought the bug looked pretty good right out of the yard with the classic green patina paint and roof rack. Slam it down with a cool set of hey maybe Fuch wheels. (agree on the Foose wheels) Add a fresh interior and engine like they did on Fast n Loud stationwagon.

The paint scheme is the classic Foose black on top with color on the body. He's done that to a lot of cars. What was really nice was the interior on the 53 truck. That was class.
bulitt
Chip has perfect hair. biggrin.gif
andys
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Oct 24 2012, 12:47 PM) *

I thought the bug looked pretty good right out of the yard with the classic green patina paint and roof rack. Slam it down with a cool set of hey maybe Fuch wheels. (agree on the Foose wheels) Add a fresh interior and engine like they did on Fast n Loud stationwagon.

You know, I though the same........had a sort of eclectic uniqueness about it only to turn into just another streetrod.

Good to see Jessi Combs on the show; a legitimate fabricator.......though Courtney Hansen was....well you know smilie_pokal.gif

Andys
FourBlades

Fast and Loud is the best of all these shows by far.

Limited fake drama.

More cool car content.

John
steuspeed
At least we can still see Courtney on Powerblock. Don't forget about AJ. wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.