914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
Don't be shy... jump into the fray! type.gif

Welcome! smile.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
seanery
almost 2 hours and no one confused24.gif
ws91420
Hey I've been outside working the past two hours on my 914 and getting up leaves.
bryanthompson
//timid voice into a microphone giving feed back

umm... hello? Is this thing on? *tap tap*

//*end of that*

biggrin.gif
dennisc
Longtime lurker here. Not real sure how all this works. Still do not have the conversion on the street. Time constraints. Not driving it is driving me nuts.
siverson
I wonder if I'm the oldest member who posts the least often...

-Steve
siverson

That can't be right... ? This club is older than that, right?

-Steve
Eddie Williams
right
type11969
I post a bit but mostly lurk. Should be around more since I just "finished" my t4ed Beetle (got the engine in, it is driveable, and has no leaks!!). This leaves my mess of a 71 914 as my source of garage amusment. Just bought myself a MIG and a bunch of stuff from Eastwood, I've got a hell hole repair ahead of me and I've never welded before. Should be a good time.

Oh yeah, hello.

-Chris
TravisNeff
Giddyup! SuperLurker, Here everyday, nuthin' gud to post. Except that I get to pickup my 914 from being held hostage from my ex-wife to be tonight.
Jenny
your avatar looks familliar... idea.gif

Jen
boxstr
Jenny you would recognize that avatar.. biggrin.gif
CCLINWAXANDSHINEWITHTURTLEWAX
scooter311
WELL ALLLL-RIGHTY THEN HERE I AM

"Hello, Jeff here, long time listener, first time caller. I have a 914 and have lost my mind completely and only think of my car and chicks".........

I spend much of my workday, ahem, shhh, not working, but going back and forth from The Bird and here, for the last 2 - 2 1/2 years. Lately there's notta lotta action there, so I figgered I'd step up and say "YO".
If any here have ever been there (most have I think) you know me already, but for those who don't -

'73 cobalt blue metallic - 10 footer
2056 with the usual carbs, cam, cdi, blahblahblah
Holley red
flares, spoiler, etc
leaky trans
5 lug conv with vented fronts
7" polished cookies / 225-50-15s (for sale I want 17s)
trans leaks a little
shifts really nice
ugly ass monza exh
nice interior
oh yeah, my trans leaks, but just a tiny bit

I'm in the midst of replacing my throttle cable right now, hopefully will drive it one last time before 'ol Mother Nature takes a 9 month dump on Rochester.

Thank you very much, now I'll have to start posting and get even LESS done at work. Don't tell my boss.

Jeff
GWN7
Welcome Scooter beerchug.gif
i love porsche
hey chris, if you ever need any help with anything just tell me!
dakotaewing
Dennis,
Have you not gotten a chance to flog that beautiful car of yours yet? LOL...
What is holding you up?
Lawrence, we need to help dennis put a picture of his car in his avatar, so everyone can see!
Dennis, let us know what we can do to help!
Thom
scooter311
Okay noob question here, how do you post pics? After browsing and selecting the image, how does one "add" the image? I wanna introduce Gunta........
seanery
2 things:

1. YOU CAN'T preview your post with an image, it will get lost when you try to do the post
2. Click on FAQ at the top, there is at least 1 topic regarding pics and avatars. biggrin.gif
carambola
i guess you were talkin to me, no 914 just yet. just a complete fascination with the little VW-Porsche called the 914. but i do have a Ghia vert to finance what ever i get. 1955cc dual weber 44idf engle 110 044 heads... and the top doesn't leak. imagine that from a car that only had fred flintstone brakes to begin.
Joe Bob
First day was December 24th....2002.
Jenny
Nice adam's apple on your girl there, Mikey. ohmy.gif

Jen
TravisNeff
Hey now, I got that avatar image from a buddy of mine, captioned "What things Travis should have known when he saw his car like this" heh..
GhostRider
hi, i just joined, i dont own a 914 yet..... yet! Hopefully before christmas. I got to sell my mr2 first. Cant wait to own a 914. Wanted one for about 9 years now. Ohh and im no lurker, just found the website. wink.gif

Hope to learn lots from you guys.
Mr.C
QUOTE(siverson @ Nov 1 2004, 11:01 AM)
I wonder if I'm the oldest member who posts the least often...

-Steve

I think I have you beat, Dec 31 2002, 11:39 AM.
dennisc
Well I think I got the avatar thing--pretty easy. I didn't find this web site until a few months ago. I was part of the Renegade thing a few years ago. The one Alex Buller? started. wasted youth
FriarJohn
Why? What if we have nothing to contribute? headbang.gif pray.gif slap.gif alfred.gif
Bleyseng
Well, just say something so we know you are still breathing. I lurk here alot....

Geoff monkeydance.gif
soloracer
Lurky lurky.......Mike, how do you remove sweat stains off your avatar?
dlee1967
Mostly a Lurker........sometimes an organizer or Houston swap meets and a Porsche 914 rescue worker when one shows up on radar that needs help.

I would rather browse the existing threads than be lazy and ask the same question that have been asked and answered 20 times before.

I started with a Mazda rotary 914 and decided I wanted less chainsaw noise and more torque. My 305 Chevy 75 with cage and 930 brakes is running strong and I take it out on occasion just to suprise the Honda boys. I is slowly being transformed into a track car while still just legal for the street. Wifey's 72 just got a 350 that is almost buttoned up. Stock car with 944T brakes, H gear, Fuchs and a rather stock appearance. The next car in line is a stock 69 911T Targa that need the engine refreshing. It won't get a V8. I like the stock 2.0L six for cruising. dlee1967
kermit
Just joined, so technically I'm not a lurker right?

Just checking you guys out to see what Brad's been up to when he's not wrenching on 914s.

Gwen, if you're out there, the website for T-shrits and hats that I was talking about is:

www.zazzle.com
ablose58
I have been very busy lately and I am not a lurker, I am a human being at least I was last time I checked. laugh.gif AL
TheCabinetmaker
Here is a few shots of Dennisc's fabulous bahia red car from MUSR6
TheCabinetmaker
another
Mr.C
oooh very chiney!
seanery
I remember those pics.
I hate you, I hate you, I hate you drooley.gif
jones
Lurk, laugh, learn... I'm here every day smile.gif
Rhodes71/914
I lurked for about a day after I found this place, but I had to but my .02 in whenever possible.

I would rather browse the existing threads than be lazy and ask the same question that have been asked and answered 20 times before.

I tried this method when I first found this site but I guess my searching capabilities weren't that great. I do get some info that way but everybody is so helpful here that it is just easier and quicker to ask the question. Plus it may get others thinking when they read your post.
dennisc
Hey vsq914--
Thanks for posting the pics. I haven't tried posting pics yet. You have a couple of good shots.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.