Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: White interior original on 75s?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
volksporsche
Guys,

Just bought '75 in Houston (my first 914). It is viper green w/ white interior. The white door panels appear to be original but seats are recovered w/ white vinyl and green velour panels (they are in poor shape). What would they have looked like originally?
I Have seen black seats w/ plaid panels. Could they have been plaid? I have no Idea what to replace them with.

...Help,

-volksporsche
SLITS
White/greyish leather (vinyl) trim - white / greyish seat pads cloth (depends on how much dirt they have absorbed).
JeffBowlsby
A white interior is very rare...

A viper green 914 is also very rare...

There are some poor quality photos of the various fabrics offered for 914s on my website at this link:

http://members.rennlist.com/914_collectibl...aintFabrics.htm

I also have some photos of the interiors in actual cars if you need them.
Bleyseng
Wow, sounds like a cool color combo someone probably special ordered. How about some pics of the car.

Geoff
ematulac
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

I'd love to see a picture of the interior, regardless of its condition.

The only white interior I've seen on a 914 was in a very tricked out blue 914 that has made a couple appearances on e-bay, but I hardly think that it was the original interior. I don't think I've ever seen Viper green, either.

I'll try and search for the pictures of the blue 914 so you can see how its interior looked.
SLITS
Two different sets I have out of late model - grey - not white?

IPB Image

IPB Image

The second image is a different set.
Bleyseng
I have only seen one white interior in recent years. It was around usually by customers ordering it IIRC. If you didn't mind waiting for Porsche/Audi to ship it over you could order damn near anything.

Geoff
Dave_Darling
White was one of the optional interiors offered in 1975. I have seen three cars with it, so far. One was a 72 (not the original interior, obviously!!), one is Charles Hill's beautiful unrestored Laguna Blue car, and I don't remember the details of the third very well.

I believe that all three used white basketweave vinyl for the seat cushions, and grained white vinyl for the seat bolsters.

I will try to include a couple of pics. This one should be the interior door panel of Charles Hill's car.

--DD
Dave_Darling
This next pic should be a wider shot of his car's interior.

--DD
Bleyseng
Years ago I saw the white interior on one of those special Pink paint cars ala 55 T bird look!

Geoff
GWN7
Didn't Andy post a few weeks ago about one at Easy with a white interior?
Doug Leggins
There is a 75 for sale near me that has the original white interior. It looks the same as the one DD posted pics of, but not in as good of condition as the one in Dave's pics. It looks to be the standard basket weave pattern in white instead of the much more common black.
Gustl
here in Austria there is a 914-6 with white interior
it's VIN 9140430394, converted to a M471 with 916 bumpers in the 70ies

IPB Image
type47fan
My '76, VIN 4762903947, paint code L 31 M, came originally with the white interior. Switched it out in '83. Never looked clean. The material didn't color age well. Tended to get a strange yellow hue in areas.

Wayne (type47fan)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.