Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slow Sunday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
An excuse to drag out every tool in the joint, pore over nuts & bolts, then cover everything in saw dust. We're havin' fun now, by God.
sanman
Did that last week end biggrin.gif
J P Stein
Some of you may wonder WTF this is.....but iff'n ya got a lick of sense, you could care less. ....so I ain't telling ya. You're gonna have to guess. biggrin.gif

A clue: It ain't a power hemorhiod scratcher....tho I may give it a try wacko.gif
ruddyboys
Are you going to grab some clay and turn a nice vase?
flyloki
Tar Balancer?
Otmar
Tool for shaving tires?
boxstr
Hey JP why don't you fix your one armed chair.
CCLINPLEASEBESEATED
GWN7
It's a rim polisher........
Aaron Cox
tire shaver! thats a good idea....

is he smart enufff to balance them wheels? wacko.gif
Root_Werks
I was thinking it could be used for rim repair or polishing? Although it sure looks like it would make a good 'roid' scratcher. ohmy.gif huh.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Nov 1 2004, 09:38 AM)
It's a rim polisher........

Shit....I thought I'd get some really crude answers before someone got it right. Where's Zois when ya need him. biggrin.gif

For a set of measured drawings & materials list, call 1-800-WFT-IZAT. The Canuk gets a set for free. laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
whats the deal with the one arm chair...

letz see some action shots of polshing!
SLITS
The missing arm unencumbers the right hand Rosie Palm and her 5 sisters for intense action when there's snow outside and provides training for polishing the wheels. Who needs Zois?
J P Stein
QUOTE(acox914 @ Nov 1 2004, 09:45 AM)
whats the deal with the one arm chair...

letz see some action shots of polshing!

Sometimes I get exhausted jest settin' there.....with only one arm I can kinda roll off on the floor and gather my strength.

Hay....just cause I built it don't mean I'm actually going to use it laugh.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 1 2004, 09:49 AM)
The missing arm unencumbers the right hand Rosie Palm and her 5 sisters for intense action when there's snow outside and provides training for polishing the wheels. Who needs Zois?

Humm....I forgot bout Slits. Won't make that mistake again.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 1 2004, 10:49 AM)
The missing arm unencumbers the right hand Rosie Palm and her 5 sisters for intense action when there's snow outside and provides training for polishing the wheels.  

i thought he had ED laugh.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(acox914 @ Nov 1 2004, 11:00 AM)
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 1 2004, 10:49 AM)
The missing arm unencumbers the right hand Rosie Palm and her 5 sisters for intense action when there's snow outside and provides training for polishing the wheels.  

i thought he had ED laugh.gif

ED = educational dysfunction = civil engineer lol2.gif
Steve Thacker
JP,
That is a humdinger of a makeshift tool! Why can't I think of things like that? Ahem it wouldn't matter anyways. The Mrs would think I have too much time on my hands and try to make use of it. biggrin.gif
J P Stein
This wheel needs more than polishing. I'd be better with a lathe for this one. .010 skim cut *might* get all them pits
J P Stein
Got on it for 60-90 minutes. Prolly half way there......then polish.
Mueller
nice.....

hope you never knock it over, that is a helluva lot of moment/inertia there to put a huge dent in something...ouch !!!!

would've been easier to mount the rim on the car and put it in gear...not the safest method, but effective smash.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(Mueller @ Nov 1 2004, 12:48 PM)
nice.....

hope you never knock it over, that is a helluva lot of moment/inertia there to put a huge dent in something...ouch !!!!

would've been easier to mount the rim on the car and put it in gear...not the safest method, but effective smash.gif

It kinda surprised me how stable it is.
I was prepared to screw the barstools legs to a 44 inch dia table top.

I thought about the car idea.....should sumthin' get caught it would throw you into Wednesday.....at best. I can stop this thing. It's turning maybe 50-70 rpm.
Mueller
I thought about the car idea.....should sumthin' get caught it would throw you into Wednesday.....at best. I can stop this thing. It's turning maybe 50-70 rpm.

what, you never wanted to win a "Darwin Award"??? smile.gif smilie_pokal.gif
GWN7
Yippieee...I got one right laugh.gif

I guess all those games of mouse trap I played as a kid helped out and building Rube Goldberg devices didn't go to waste.

Looks good smilie_pokal.gif

I thought about trying to use my standup drill press for polishing...
J P Stein
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Nov 1 2004, 01:02 PM)

>I guess all those games of mouse trap I played as a kid helped out and building Rube Goldberg devices didn't go to waste.<

I resemble that remark

>I thought about trying to use my standup drill press for polishing...<

Thought about that also......see Wednesday.....maybe only tomorrow . The lowest speed I can set mine is 150 rpm.
Lou W
QUOTE (Mueller @ Nov 1 2004, 12:48 PM)
nice.....

would've been easier to mount the rim on the car and put it in gear...not the safest method, but effective  
Way back when I was in High School a friend of mine use to put his Mustang on the lift at his dads gas station and polish his wheels that way wacko.gif
Andy
Polishing a spinning wheel unsafe? I'm sure you'll talk smack about my kick-ass backyard dyno!

http://www.josephthompson.net/austin/

My name is Andy and I did not endorse this message, personally I'm surprised whoever made this thing survived whatever previous ideas led up to creation of this device.
Aaron Cox
hhahah...texans!
MarkV
QUOTE(Andy @ Nov 1 2004, 03:00 PM)
Polishing a spinning wheel unsafe? I'm sure you'll talk smack about my kick-ass backyard dyno!

Dyno? I thought it was a well pump. ohmy.gif
Mueller
is that a strain gage or supposed to be a saftey device??

Chevy camero pretty sums it all up....probebly has a Jeff Foxworthy cassette in the tape player smile.gif
Lou W
Now thats down right scary blink.gif
seanery
Sorry, Aaron, that's a Utah plate
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(seanery @ Nov 1 2004, 04:12 PM)
Sorry, Aaron, that's a Utah plate

duh! something texans do tho laugh.gif
newdeal2
Can you convert that to a bar stool racer? Just add a lawnmower motor biggrin.gif
SLITS
Hey..........if the saftey lets go, he's got lots of runoff area...........the whole effin state lol2.gif
Joe Bob
Yew know yer a redneck when yer garage furniture has mechanical devices hooked to them.....

:finger2: Oh yeah...back at ya.... :finger2:
scotty914
hell i want to know how accurate is that dyno... i like it... might be a reason to drive to the dry waste hole called utah

boldblue.gif

scott t
IronHillRestorations
I think the fine residence in the background says alot! wacko.gif
SLITS
JP otta add a set of brakes (Monoblocks) to his wheel polisher (he already has a drilled rotor) - the guy in Utah has air brakes on his dyno. clap56.gif
Bruce Allert
the real scary thought is how'd he git that thar car on dem tars??? unsure.gif

JP, gotta do a movie of that thing in operation wink.gif

.....b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.