Full Version: CSOB Wheel Center Capsi
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
2.5" plastic pipe end cap
Cut off 18mm
Thin down 1-2mm
Paint

Fits rear perfectly

Will have to thin a little more on fronts. Will do those next weekend.

$2.25.
76-914
Just to clarify. They don't make PVC or ABS in 2 1/2". I'll bet your referring to 2". 2" pipe measures 2 1/2" od
bandjoey
Yep. Box said 2.5
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 23 2012, 11:29 AM) *

Just to clarify. They don't make PVC or ABS in 2 1/2". I'll bet your referring to 2". 2" pipe measures 2 1/2" od

They do make and is available from a plumbing wholsaler. HD may not carry this size in all locations.
76-914
They do make (in plumbing) 2 1/2" PVC for pressure pipe (type 1), but not in the DWV or type ll. Nor is it available in ABS, anywhere. 2 1/2" is seldom used because it is cheaper to run 3" and reduce when/where necessary. That sure looks like a "2" stamped on top of that fitting. But then again I'm sitting in the dentists chair using the iphone and probably slightly modified. biggrin.gif
bandjoey
Cheap and ur right. 2" pipe for the plumber and something bigger on the outside. Didn't take much off and it fit perfectly.

Now should I get the eBay plastic center cap Porsche stick on decals ?? Or s that too much pimp??

drooley.gif
69telecaster
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Oct 23 2012, 08:49 PM) *

Cheap and ur right. 2" pipe for the plumber and something bigger on the outside. Didn't take much off and it fit perfectly.

Now should I get the eBay plastic center cap Porsche stick on decals ?? Or s that too much pimp??

drooley.gif

What holds them in?
bandjoey
Squeeze fit just like the originals. They're about 1-2 mm snug fit with a mallet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.