Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Glueing rubber seals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Krieger
I'm looking to glue the targa seal on a car. It is torn where the horizontal piece meets the vertical. Super glue doesn't cut it. Rubber cement....?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Krieger @ Oct 24 2012, 07:25 AM) *

I'm looking to glue the targa seal on a car. It is torn where the horizontal piece meets the vertical. Super glue doesn't cut it. Rubber cement....?

I used 3M weatherstrip cement Andy... It holds it pretty good. Available at hardware stores sometimes but always autobody supply stores.
toolguy
Wet suit cement from a dive shop, black and really strong
Krieger
[quote name='ConeDodger' date='Oct 24 2012, 09:01 AM' post='1757544']
[quote name='Krieger' post='1757528' date='Oct 24 2012, 07:25 AM']
[/quote]

I used 3M weatherstrip cement Andy... It holds it pretty good. Available at hardware stores sometimes but always autobody supply stores.
[/quote

I think I've got some of this! I'll report back to its effectiveness. If no good I'll try the wetsuit glue!

I have a spare seal to test this on.

Thanks guys.
rick 918-S
In my shop we called the 3M super weatherstrip adhesive blck death. If you get it on the paint it will eat it. Good stuf but watch where you use it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.