Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2000 BMW R1100 RT - SE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > Ads: All Other Non-914 Stuff
ConeDodger
2000 BMW R1100 RT - SE
This bike has 33K miles on it and if you know about BMW, you know that it will be just getting broken in at 100K miles! I used it as a commuter taking me 13 miles to work and back. Now, I live less than 2 miles from work and it doesn't get ridden.
This is the same bike the famed California Highway Patrol uses and when the State of California gave the new contract to Harley Davidson, the CHP refused to give up their BMW's! They said the HD bikes couldn't pass their agility test.
This bike has all of the hard-bags and as the SE in the name indicates, it is the special edition with bodywork colored bags instead of the black bags.

Things it needs: Maybe tires. They have plenty of tread, but because I used it as a commuter, the wear is in the middle not rounded off over the tire. It needs either a new set or a good hard canyon howl to wear them properly.
Second, the battery is two years old. It still starts the bike reliably, but past batteries have lasted about two years +.
I will replace these for you at the asking price.

$5000 OBO

Color is Grey Metallic though it looks darker in this pic... tank bag not included.
zymurgist
Nice bike! I paid that much for my Concours 10 with only 12K miles.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Oct 24 2012, 06:32 PM) *

Starting at the Bluebook Ken. biggrin.gif really though? A Kaw? biggrin.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 25 2012, 11:11 PM) *

Yeah, it rides really nice, has huge saddlebags, and it's comfortable for 2 up riding. Not all that fast off the line though.

I see you need to make room in your garage for the GT3 RS, though, so I see why the Bimmer has to go. wink.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Oct 26 2012, 06:38 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 25 2012, 11:11 PM) *

Yeah, it rides really nice, has huge saddlebags, and it's comfortable for 2 up riding. Not all that fast off the line though.

I see you need to make room in your garage for the GT3 RS, though, so I see why the Bimmer has to go. wink.gif

Well, that and my old commute to work was 13 miles and my new one is less than 2. Hardly worth the helmet-head... dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.