Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: camp914 pilot lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bradtho
I was going to order the pilot lights from camp914 but they were listed as back ordered for awhile. now they aren't listed at all. will these be coming back? If not can are the brackets available?

sorry to ask here, the website didn't have an email address on it.
cary
Thanks for asking ................
I've been meaning to call Craig and ask.
rhodyguy
the phone # for camp is on the front page of it's web site. dry.gif top right.

k
VaccaRabite
The lights can be found at nearly any FLAPS. What you want from Camp are the brackets.

Zach
underthetire
Think these are the lights, I had ordered some and downloaded the print for the brackets.
http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Performance-Li..._sim_sbs_auto_4

Think the print was on Rennlist or somewhere.
Tom
I have a new in the box pair I got from Camp 914 years ago and never used. Sent you a PM.
Tom
kid914
QUOTE(Tom @ Oct 25 2012, 01:46 PM) *

I have a new in the box pair I got from Camp 914 years ago and never used. Sent you a PM.
Tom

i MIGHT BE NEXT IN LINE IF HE PASSES. beerchug.gif
cary
I talked to Craig at the Sunset Porsche swap meet last month.
We was having trouble with the folks that were manufacturing the bracket for him. He thought it would be about a month. That's passed ...........
Must be more to the story now ............ sad.gif sad.gif

They sure looked good fired up on Ryan's car last Sunday.
Strudelwagon
I got mine on Amazon for $29 still need the brackets happy11.gif

Now $34.65
partwerks
I have the 75 chassis with the earlier fiberglass bumpers and earlier style lights, but the brackets I have are like a goal post, with it bolted on the bottom and where it mounts to the housing of the light, the bolt runs horizontal, and it appears that this bracket with the bolt part would have to be eliminated and use the other part to fit into what I currently have to fit, or do I need to fab up a bracket for them to mount in, or am I missing it somewhere? I think to fit in between what I currently have, is like 1 1/4" that the bolt runs through, and so the outside of the bracket couldn't be any wider in order to fit.

It appears these are the same lights, but not for sure if they will fit. Has anyone else used them?

http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Performance-Li..._sim_sbs_auto_4
pete-stevers
these would look super on my Single Cab
bradtho
I found an email for Craig. He expects to be back in stock on the brackets in about a month.
Mr.242

How about some better pictures of the brackets on the kit. I would like to see the shape of them. Why wouldn't someone just buy from Amazon and craft up the proper brackets?
'73-914kid
That's what I did. made the brackets out of some spare stainless sheet I had laying around. I can't for the life of me find the pattern for them though..

EDIT:

here's the link to the bracket diagram:
Rennlist diagram
Tom
'73-914kid,
Thanks for posting the diagram. Looks like Craig did put the brackets on the ones I have. See the pic above. wondered why the wiring didn't want to fit in the box very well.
Tom
partwerks
The bracket that is currently mounted on the chassis is 1 1/4" I.D. between the bends, and the bolt that mounts it runs horizontal.

Looks like the bracket with these lights runs vertical, and wonder if I left off their part of the bracket with the bolt, if the other part would fit down in between what I currently have, or else I would have to change the part that I have currently on there, and make the bracket with the bolt that runs vertical. Looks like I'm half in and half out?

Does anyone know what the dimensions of the new light are on the outside of the U shaped piece that is mounted directly to the light?? Maybe it would fit over the outside as well, but I would have to knock off the nut on the outside to fit over, but w/o seeing it, is it going to sit at the right height with what I have or what?

If those at Amazon are the same thing, looks like $77.00 to get them to me, and go from there?

Does a person need a relay with these or not?
Mikey914
Yes you want a relay.
Cevan
QUOTE(Strudelwagon @ Oct 26 2012, 11:08 AM) *

I got mine on Amazon for $29 still need the brackets happy11.gif

Now $34.65

I mounted mine right to the front valence on the inner lip using the brackets that are included. The lights line up perfectly inside the foglight grills.
Ferg
I have a set from camp as well. I'll check tonight to see if I have the brackets.
partwerks
These pics aren't all that great, but under the light, the bolt runs horizontal and was wondering if the light would just happen to mount into the bracket?

Also, I was wondering what that other odd looking piece is that is bolted on?

Click to view attachment

partwerks
Will a person need a relay for each light, or just one for both?
partwerks
camp914@comcast.net

In the upper left hand corner.
boxstr
I just got 200 brackets from my fabricators last week. I plan to add the CAMP914 Pilot Lights back to the website as soon as I get the lights and I get them made up and ready to ship.
Sorry for the delay.
Craig at CAMP
Mr.242
Are just the brackets for sale?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.