Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: can't stop my oil leak!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bruce54
I just changed my oil, and the oil cooler seals, and the oil pressure switch. My 75 2.0 was leaking a fair amount before, now it starts to leak( drips a drop every couple of sconds) when I rev her up to around 2500-3000 rpms.Doesn't seem to leak a 2000 rpms.Did I overlook something or not tighten the oil cooler enough, sure wasn't fun doing the oil cooler.Kinda frusrated right now so will probably start drinking and see if it fixes itself overnight!
Kirmizi
Where is it leaking/dripping from? Same place as before the repairs?
You may need to let it run awhile to allow some of the residual oil to drip or burn off.

Mike
914itis
Common place oil pressure switch, I had to use some plumbing paste on the thread to stop my leak after chasing it for weeks.
bruce54
QUOTE(Kirmizi @ Oct 25 2012, 04:01 PM) *

Where is it leaking/dripping from? Same place as before the repairs?
You may need to let it run awhile to allow some of the residual oil to drip or burn off.

Mike

Yes , it seems to be in the same area. I get most of the oil with rags and paper towels, so I'm sure it's not residual. I don't think I overtightened the oilcooler seals. Plus I get up and look at the pressure switch, It was difinitely leaking before and can't see any oil at all there.Do oil coolers leak? or mostly just the seals?I guess I could try to tighten the oil cooler a little bit more, but I read not to tighten too much.
bruce54
QUOTE(914itis @ Oct 25 2012, 04:18 PM) *

Common place oil pressure switch, I had to use some plumbing paste on the thread to stop my leak after chasing it for weeks.

Thanks, I think I'll try the sealant first,whole lot easier!!!
bruce54
QUOTE(bruce54 @ Oct 25 2012, 04:23 PM) *

QUOTE(914itis @ Oct 25 2012, 04:18 PM) *

Thanks, I think I'll try the sealant first,whole lot easier!!!

Put some sealant and now no more leak, THANKS!!!
914itis
Glad I was able to help . I had to replace my oil cooler seal with the engine on the car and my leak was still there, I couldn't figure it out until a member here pointed out the switch. No leaks since.
76-914
Good job, BTW, don't over tighten that oil cooler! It can only move so far with those stand offs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.