Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Like new 914 on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I went to look at a 914 on Ebay with Mrs. K today in hopes of finding a nice car for her to start with. It was located in Lakewood close to her house. The first thing you notice when you walk up to the car is the driveway below it. Check the picture, can you see what is evident?
Jeff Bonanno
nice sh^^ stain! that one really left its telltale mark!
SLITS
Somebody stole one/two of his alloy lug bolts for a fishing weight?

Ran over something really large and bent the rocker - my xray vision isn't working to see what else.

Repaint recently? Trim on, no vinyl.

What was the outcome?
GWN7
hahahaha....Guess the seller never heard of CLR...or mabey they used it all to clean the stains off the body? biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
the rust from behind the rocker covers now on the concrete.

kevin
skline
Anyway, the car is nice other than the fact that there is a moon size crater under the battery tray and you can see right through the long on the passenger side. I was very honest with the guy as he was a really nice older gentleman. I told him straight out, what he has is a parts car. The interior was nice as he had it all redone. 5 Fuch 2 liter alloys in very good condition, straight body panels for the most part but the rust on the longs was beyond anything I have seen on a car that was not folded in half. Another guy drove out from Palm Springs to look at the car while we were there and once he saw the longitudinal under the battery, he told the guy he needed to see nothing else on the car and was going to pass. Smart guy. After talking to the owner for a little while, he said he would just tow it up to his new home and part it out by my suggestion. Too bad, the car was pretty straight. Another bites the rust.....err dust. He started it for me and it was the quietest 2 liter I have ever heard, no smoke or anything. Fired right up and ran smooth. the best parts car you could want.
JeffBowlsby
So if its overall that clean...why not fix the hole? Was there more rust than that?
Rhodes71/914
Looks like somebody wants it. Reserve is met, currently sits at $1625. If the engine is good and the with 5 Fuchs should be worth it.
seanery
how much $ for it?
GWN7
If it's THIS one, ad says "like new"
skline
It would cost over a grand if you did all the work yourself to repair the rust. The passenger side longitudinal is gone from the wheel well to about half way up the door to the front. I looked underneath it and it is barely holing together. The owner said since he bought it 6 years ago, he has only driven it maybe 1500 miles total. He had no idea about the rust problem. You can see it sits outside all the time uncovered. The rust stain on the ground where it is at now, is just since last weeks rains. There were some other places like the drivers side door frame and sail panel rust which is normal and the rear trunk as well. I have done some pretty extensive body work on these cars including replacing a rear 1/4 panel with sail panel and I would not try to fix this one. The car is worth more in parts than he will sell it for on Ebay. I told him the price will most likely go up pretty high on ebay but when they come to get the car they will be really sad and may leave negative feedback for not disclosing the rust damage. He said he was going to go back in and post it on the auction so if anyone wants to back out, they can.
Mrs. K
QUOTE(skline @ Nov 1 2004, 01:11 PM)
Anyway, the car is nice other than the fact that there is a moon size crater under the battery tray and you can see right through the long on the passenger side. I was very honest with the guy as he was a really nice older gentleman. I told him straight out, what he has is a parts car. The interior was nice as he had it all redone. 5 Fuch 2 liter alloys in very good condition, straight body panels for the most part but the rust on the longs was beyond anything I have seen on a car that was not folded in half.  Another guy drove out from Palm Springs to look at the car while we were there and once he saw the longitudinal under the battery, he told the guy he needed to see nothing else on the car and was going to pass. Smart guy. After talking to the owner for a little while, he said he would just tow it up to his new home and part it out by my suggestion. Too bad, the car was pretty straight. Another bites the rust.....err dust. He started it for me and it was the quietest 2 liter I have ever heard, no smoke or anything. Fired right up and ran smooth. the best parts car you could want.

biggrin.gif You're a nice guy, Scott
and gave the gentleman good
"advice" rolleyes.gif

Thanks for taking the time to take me over there!

Lisa driving-girl.gif
Allan
Did the ad say it was an automatic?
Allan
Okay, never mind. He describes it as a clean running auto.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.