Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wind blowing under roof pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
See drawing. Cold swind is blowing into the cabin Under the foam pad at the front off the roof. I can't see how it could with the way the roof lip and seal is made. thoughts??
Mike Bellis
Are your gaskets perfectly sealed? Wind will flow from ant high pressure area (outside car) to any low pressure area (inside car).

Pour some water on the seal while blowing compressed air down into the seal. If you find water spray, you found the leak.
Mikey914
Check the lower seal, it also keeps out water and wind. Or, the side seals on the roof will bring in a lot of air if there is a gap.

Post some pics, We may be able to see what's up.
bandjoey
Seals are in good shape. Cold air coming in all across the roof line. The lower seal is a AA brand and has a slick plasticky feel. I have a new Mikey seal I've been saving. I'll put it on tomorrow and test it out.

If its the pressure pulling cold air in then ill bet it's the slick bottom seal.

Also. There's no headliner. Does a headliner go under the foam pad or not? If it tucks under I can see another air block.

Mikey914
The liner does go down with the "bolster" for lack of a better term would go over it. Just out of curiosity what does the "plastic" feel like? It should have a hollow in yhe tip of the bulb (like OEM). If it is not making contact correctly or compressing it would be the source of your issue. It should also have a raised section the roof sits on. If it doesn't have that, then once again, it would be suspect.

As you can see both of these hollows are important in sealing the roof. It took me awhile to find as seal that was not compressed (new old stock), to reproduce it correctly.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.