Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Garage recommendation for spiders
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biosurfer1
Not really 914 related but definitely garage.

I thought I'd pass on a good product I found. I have two large frosted windows in my garage that over the years had served as premium real estate for tons of spiders. Can't say I blame them, warm, safe and from the looks of it, lots of food to choose from. I finally got tired of the damn webs so I looked for a way to keep them away and found this:

http://www.hotshot.com/products-and-soluti...der-killer.aspx

I spray it around the window edges and sill and I have to say, it works awesome. I have to spray maybe once every 5-6 months so one bottle will last years. There hasn't been a web or sight of a spider since the day after I sprayed the first time and everything just looks better in my opinion. You can get it at Home Depot or any other store like it.

Thought I'd pass it along if other guys have the same problem! biggrin.gif
JmuRiz
Best way to stop spiders is to stop air drafts. They seem to set up webs where a breeze and insects flying by might be.
But good to know about this product.
Jeffs9146
I buy that stuff by the gallon and spray around my house and boat! It does last about 3 months before they start spinning webs again and it takes about 2 months before enough generations of spiders start to take over again! So I spray every 3 months!!
timothy_nd28
Closing up the garage while painting your car does a pretty good job killing them.
mrbubblehead
i hate the spider webs. but they do keep the flies down which i hate even more.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.