Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pink 914 [not a pig!]
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
newdeal2
I spoke to Bill Oursler on the phone today and a friend of his just bought a mint [27,000 miles] pink 914 [1972] Apparentlt it is only one of seven in existance and not listed in the registry.

Anyone out there know about these?

I will try to get pistures

cool.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(newdeal2 @ Nov 1 2004, 04:32 PM)
I will try to get pistures

paint code! we need the paint code ...

cool.gif Andy
JeffBowlsby
Anyone out there know about these?

Oh yeah, they are the rarest of rare 914s....

The MaryKay cars...better known as Lipsticksicles.... or was it TwinTrunkPowderPuffs? biggrin.gif

I can only imagine the looks that car would get... rolleyes.gif
Jenny
Yes! I know which one you're talking about. Saw it at Thunderhill once. I will try to google a pic.

And others tried to tell me I was crazy... calvin.gif
newdeal2
Wow! That was my first thought when I spoke to him...Mary Kay...and it was a guess! ohmy.gif
bob91403
I'm sure it was a custom color, or they bought white ones and painted them pink. Doubt if Porsche has a paint code for it.
Jenny
does it have the butcher design?? The one I'm thinking of is pink, with dotted lines drawn about it. Kinda the way a butcher would quarter a piece of meat. I can't find the pic though... I'm so frustrated with the "search" option we have. I've never had it find what I need on the first 10 tries. What am I doing wrong?!?!?!

Jen
Jenny
Bingo... This paint scheme, on a 914. Saw it over three years ago at thunderhill.

Jen
Martin Baker
QUOTE(Jenny @ Nov 1 2004, 05:13 PM)
does it have the butcher design?? The one I'm thinking of is pink, with dotted lines drawn about it. Kinda the way a butcher would quarter a piece of meat.

That is the PINK PIG, 917-20, ran in the 1970 or 71 Leman I believe, I saw the car in Germany.
Aaron Cox
IPB Image
Jenny
Yeah!! Porsche 917-20 "Pink Pig"

Jen biggrin.gif

Damn, too slow. Aaron, you butthead. Go back to school!
Martin Baker
When I saw this car in Germany, on the dash there is a plaque stating that it was restored in Florida, by some unheard of by me PORSCHE shop. Shocking to me that the Factory did not do the restoration. Maybe the car was bought after the restoration had already taken place. I have several pictures of it on real film here, but no scanner.
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(Jenny @ Nov 1 2004, 04:15 PM)
Bingo... This paint scheme, on a 914. Saw it over three years ago at thunderhill.

Jen

Glenn Stazak and I saw that in person at the factory museum. Behind the wheel it's scary where your feet end up.

Is that the same Bill Ousler that does the column for Pano?
newdeal2
I am just finishing a "pink pig" model in 1/24 scale in my shop. It actually tested as a white car. It's a 917.

I am talking about a 914 however...not the pig wacko.gif
newdeal2
Yes...the same Bill O that writes for Pano, etc. He's a client/friend....and an all around great guy. He has a red 74 914 2 liter in his stable of Porsches. A real die hard! wink.gif
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(newdeal2 @ Nov 1 2004, 04:48 PM)
Yes...the same Bill O that writes for Pano, etc. He's a client/friend....and an all around great guy. He has a red 74 914 2 liter in his stable of Porsches. A real die hard! wink.gif

Yes, I knew he had to be a die hard, as his Pano photo is with a '14.
URY914
Pink 914's also came with special gearboxes.

The gearboxes had very "soft" syncos 'cause the drives wrists were very weak.

Most were limp wristed.

cool_shades.gif mueba.gif happy11.gif driving.gif

Paul
Cap'n Krusty
[quote=Martin Baker,Nov 1 2004, 04:15 PM] [/QUOTE]
That is the PINK PIG, 917-20, ran in the 1970 or 71 Leman I believe, I saw the car in Germany. [/quote]
Actually, I saw it at the parade in Costa Mesa. Yup, right here in the USA! Well, Orange County. It's surrounded by the USA ...............Interesting car, and I believe there's a good story behind the paint job. It's in the factory museum now. The Cap'n
ppickerell
I saw that same paint scheme on a 356 at the Laguna Seca Historics this year. Was definitely not a car for the limp wristed.
Bleyseng
Yes, there was a run of pink 914's. I have a low mile tranny out of one but it was a 73.

Geoff
mharrison
Here is some info I got from Premier Auto Sales on a Pink ColorMatch car. No good for me, because I wouldn't restore it to be pink. I thought about it......I just can't do it.

BTW, I didn't post the pics because it's not pink anymore anyway!
----------------------------
Here are some pics of the other 73 project we have right now. Again, solid floors, solid front trunk, pretty good engine shelf, the longs look good except for the jack points. The rear trunk pan needs some work. This car comes with an engine and tranny. The tranny is in very good shape. The engine does run, but could use a better carb or FI. This car is worth using.

I haven't cleaned it up or anything....I was going to try and put on another carb tomorrow to get it running better. It has a paint code of "98" which was a custom color match by customer request. They bought it new in 73 in hot pink????? That is the first color match car we've had.

Anyway....this is a good tub to build for racing. Since it does have an engine and good tranny we could take $1000 for it. Maybe $700 without the engine and tranny.

Let me know what you think,
Mark
www.premier-autosales.com
606-545-0256
tod914
I remember a mint 73 pink 914 being for sale when I resided in Los Ang. around 1998-1999. Car was suppose to be perfect. The color I found kind of difficult to contend with. Post some pictures! Maybe stick Barbie in it.
VegasRacer
I thought I had some better photos of this pink tail dragger in the pits from a HSR race last year but I couldn't find any. Yes it does have the butcher plans and and part names.
VegasRacer
Pink Pig teener.
jimtab
It may be that the cars were done for Playboy. They used to give them to the playmates who were chosen as finalists for the Playmate of the year. I know in the late 70's early 80's they did pink 911's. Jim
URY914
I thought Penthouse used the pink car promotion gig.

Playboys free cars were always white.

Could be wrong
Brad Smith
QUOTE(mharrison @ Nov 1 2004, 08:10 PM)
Here is some info I got from Premier Auto Sales on a Pink ColorMatch car. No good for me, because I wouldn't restore it to be pink. I thought about it......I just can't do it.

BTW, I didn't post the pics because it's not pink anymore anyway!
----------------------------
Here are some pics of the other 73 project we have right now. Again, solid floors, solid front trunk, pretty good engine shelf, the longs look good except for the jack points. The rear trunk pan needs some work. This car comes with an engine and tranny. The tranny is in very good shape. The engine does run, but could use a better carb or FI. This car is worth using.

I haven't cleaned it up or anything....I was going to try and put on another carb tomorrow to get it running better. It has a paint code of "98" which was a custom color match by customer request. They bought it new in 73 in hot pink????? That is the first color match car we've had.

Anyway....this is a good tub to build for racing. Since it does have an engine and good tranny we could take $1000 for it. Maybe $700 without the engine and tranny.

Let me know what you think,
Mark
www.premier-autosales.com
606-545-0256

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

My daughter wants a 914... a pink one. I thought I was going to have to paint one! It could be all original... how cool would THAT be!

Brad

(and y'all thought I wanted the car for me... I want to do a 7 replica for me, not a 914!)
Brad Smith
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Nov 1 2004, 08:45 PM)
I thought I had some better photos of this pink tail dragger in the pits from a HSR race last year but I couldn't find any. Yes it does have the butcher plans and and part names.

That "baby blue" and black (or whatever you call that color) looks pretty sharp. Maybe the youngun would like THAT sort of paint, but pink instead of blue.

She's an honor student and graduating a year early- she deserves a nice ride. smile.gif She wants a WILD body kit... but I'm trying to dissuade her of that.

Brad
IronHillRestorations
"pink is my favorite color"

Gee I coulda had a flat 12!

A photo I snapped at the Porsche museum.
redshift
I hear the pink ones have the typical problems, ruuthty longth, ruthty windsheild hoopths...

M
Martin Baker
When I saw the PIG it was here,

http://www.museum-sinsheim.de/

PORSCHE must have had it on loan or purchased it from them. The condition of the car was not perfect. It looked good, but not perfect.
jimtab
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 2 2004, 06:07 AM)
I thought Penthouse used the pink car promotion gig.

Playboys free cars were always white.

Could be wrong

Maybe they both used it the 70s were strange, the only one I ever saw was driven by an ex-playmate who got it for being a runner up....she was dating a friend at the time...didn't age well, interesting car tho...pink with white interior. confused24.gif
Thorshammer
Porsche lists that color as Porsche "special red"

Depending on what you mixed with it Pearl or whatever, and what it was sprayed over you could get some hot Pink color. The best I ever saw was a guy in Kansas City with a 79 930 painted this color pearl over a silver base. it looked like shimmering lip stick. It was the balls. I always wanted one just like it.

Erik
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.