Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1972 914 Race Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
gostros
I'm a VW guy that just picked this up. I've decided not to rebuild the car, so it's for sale.

1972 Porsche 914 race car CLEAR TEXAS TITLE

This car was built in the 90's to be an autocross / SCCA car. It was all done very well and correct. Car has 2.5 Litre type 4 VW engine with dual carbs. According to the previous owner, the engine has a spun bearing. I don't know this for sure, but I was told that the engine did not have many miles on it when it spun a bearing. I don't know if the engine will turn, the carb linkage is stuck. I have a used ignition and key that will need to be installed on the car in order to drive it.

Car has roll cage, 5 point harness for driver and passenger, aftermarket disc brakes on all 4 corners. After market Fuch replica wheels. Fiberglass wide wheel arches, fiberglass front and rear trunk lids. The only rust I've found is in the spare tire area. Car is pretty solid otherwise.

This car DOES NOT RUN OR START. It has been sitting for several years in West Texas. The engine will need to be gone through in order to get it on the road. If you already have an engine to throw in, the chassis needs very little to start racing. There is alot that I didn't list simply because so much has been done on the car, but it's been neglected for several years and will need some work to get on the road.

I will listen to trade offers. Anything old, fast, or VW is great, but I'll listen to any offer. No payment plans. You can come look at the car if you like. Will need to be trailered, I will not ship.

$2000 obo

281-235- five 361

bowman.e.smith at gmail dot com

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/3369635502.html

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1380429
gostros
Car has been sold
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.