Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
02loftsmoor
Ok Campers Do I have this mounted on the correct half of the engine??? confused24.gif
two-strokejohn
Yes, but if you intend to split cases or do clutch work, you'll have to remove your flywheel first. I've got mine apart right now.......... removed all the outer stuff first to lighten and gain access before putting it on the stand. I stand corrected..... it goes on the other side . I had the other half on the stand while I was cleaning the case. The reason you want it in the other half, is because you can insert the crank ,cam, and all other parts when you are assembling the crankcase assy.
02loftsmoor
thank you, just set the engine in the stand, thank you
stugray
Looks to me like the wrong engine mount.

When mine is installed, the pivot point that goes into the engine stand is centered on the flywheel.
That looks like if you pull the rotation pin, the engine will flop to one side.
Probably will still work, but be careful rotating it or moving it around the garage.

Stu
TheCabinetmaker
I agree with Stu. And mine bolts to the other side.
02loftsmoor
I saw that, I have never used this kind of mount. I will be careful, so far it hasn't been a problem. turns easy, and it seems Stable in the stand. Thank you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.