Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: value ? - cash money anyone ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
larryM

OK - this project has been one of those Disneyland ride tickets

- money spent, enjoyment received -

if I go buy it, and install my 2.7 six & sideshifter - what's the top dollar any of y'all will pay for it, in the next 6 months - still needing paint, but otherwise together & running like a scalded ape, with all the goodie parts as advert ??????????

project FS

just asking - where is the cash money ????

how much is a really nice conversion six worth ???????????

if it pencils out, i'll go make the offer

Larry M
BKLA
speculative builds rarely make money...

Do it 'cause you want to...

I know of at least three really nice modified sixes that where $50k + and sat unsold for a long, long time.

Route 30 here in oregon had a nice 2.7 conversion with flairs that recently sold for around $16k i believe...

I sold my really clean and well finished Olympic blue car with flairs and polished 8x15 fuchs (unfortunately with a Motorshiester motor) for $20K.

but it took over 9 months....closer to a year... as I recall.

Still, you should buy it and do another build thread....
gopack
Let me know if you are planning on swinging by today to take a look!
Gint
Tough call...

As stated, totally speculative. And I'm not in the market for a 6 conversion. But I do watch what gets advertised here.

14k-ish? +/- Unpainted, less.
patrick3000
If it were on the east coast about 8k
mepstein
Parting will bring more money. Unfortunately.
roblav1
I agree with Patrick. East coast about $8K. I'd offer him that, but I doubt he would be willing to take it. Problem is - at least a grand to ship.
Gint
Did you guys read all of Larry's post? He's not asking about just Mark's project alone. He would put it together and add a 2.7 and a side shift transaxle, making a running driving 914 just needing paint. $8k? That's screwy.gif
RFoulds
Conversions are not selling. Even a fresh build you will be seeling for 75% of what you spend.

Original cars, low miles, or fresh restorations are in demand now. selling for twice what they did 2 years ago.
patrick3000
QUOTE(Gint @ Oct 28 2012, 10:32 PM) *

Did you guys read all of Larry's post? He's not asking about just Mark's project alone. He would put it together and add a 2.7 and a side shift transaxle, making a running driving 914 just needing paint. $8k? That's screwy.gif

Yes, finished, running, driving and sorted out on the east coast that's an 8K car.

Add a 3.2, nice paint, 15x8 Fuchs, rebuild the front end and you would have a car worth some $$$

That is why the car is still for sale poke.gif
sixaddict
stirthepot.gif
You have Gint telling you aint nobody listening to the details...It will take buying at 5K to make this a viable (but still marginally financial deal) for a flip. At 10K inbound you will end up with a 25K investment with paint. Dont you just hate it......
They are building Mopar replicas and gettting 40 to 50 for them....We are sheeplove.gif

QUOTE(larryM @ Oct 27 2012, 09:27 PM) *

OK - this project has been one of those Disneyland ride tickets

- money spent, enjoyment received -

if I go buy it, and install my 2.7 six & sideshifter - what's the top dollar any of y'all will pay for it, in the next 6 months - still needing paint, but otherwise together & running like a scalded ape, with all the goodie parts as advert ??????????

project FS

just asking - where is the cash money ????

how much is a really nice conversion six worth ???????????

if it pencils out, i'll go make the offer

Larry M

Please allow me to drop my .02cents.
In my view, most buyers are affected / constrained in one way or another with the global economy......years ago,I would not think twice in dropping 1k on parts that 'i' might need.
After 4 years of this current administration- etc along with reduced 401 accounts...these types of transaction will need to have a good ROI.
Flame on.. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.