Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cottonballs!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
Took one of the 914's out for a long drive this morning. Came across a cotton field and couldn't help but stop and take a couple pictures! biggrin.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
ww914
Nice! Looks like a new car ad.
billh1963
QUOTE(ww914 @ Oct 28 2012, 10:14 AM) *

Nice! Looks like a new car ad.

Figured since most of our Western and Yankee members have never seen cotton "in the wild" I'd show off the car and educate lol-2.gif
ThePaintedMan
Great pic with the white on white Bill. I was just driving through GA last week coming back from Petit le Mans and through cotton country. One of the best parts of that drive, and really a pretty part about living in the South. The orange blossoms in bloom on the way to Sebring are even better!

-George
Krieger
Great picture! Your car looks very nice.
ruby914
first.gif Best use of a photo Op.
Looks like a great Desktop background.
Nice car.
wingnut86
Next month - a picture of the newly restored teener sitting amidst "Xmas Balls"...

WaHaHaHaHa!
billh1963
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Oct 28 2012, 12:16 PM) *

Next month - a picture of the newly restored teener sitting amidst "Xmas Balls"...

WaHaHaHaHa!

We'll see if Scotty can finish up in time! evilgrin.gif
7TPorsh
New Limited Edition...CottonBee
scotty b
I'll have it done for your Christmas tree farm pic biggrin.gif
Drums66
......Ya, 1st stage of cotton....1st stage of 914
keep it stock,,please thumb3d.gif
(take the top off!)
billh1963
QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 30 2012, 05:26 PM) *

I'll have it done for your Christmas tree farm pic biggrin.gif

I'm counting on it! biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Oct 28 2012, 07:09 AM) *

Took one of the 914's out for a long drive this morning. Came across a cotton field and couldn't help but stop and take a couple pictures! biggrin.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

There is actually more cotton produced in California.
billh1963
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 30 2012, 08:30 PM) *

Maybe so; however, you don't have "Gone With the Wind" to immortalize "King Cotton"! smile.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Oct 30 2012, 05:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 30 2012, 08:30 PM) *

Maybe so; however, you don't have "Gone With the Wind" to immortalize "King Cotton"! smile.gif

Tooshay y'all. laugh.gif
Eric_Shea
Gone With the Wind was filmed at Culver Studios... Culver City, California.

ToooooShea
Elliot Cannon
ar15.gif lol-2.gif laugh.gif av-943.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 31 2012, 01:52 AM) *

Gone With the Wind was filmed at Culver Studios... Culver City, California.

ToooooShea

True. However, you do not have Grits, Watermelon, and Shrimp festivals nor do you the Chitlin' Strut! Case closed...I win!!!!!!!!!! evilgrin.gif
shelby/914
Beautiful pix, beautiful car. Reminds me of home and how much work raising cotton was way back then.

Dan
DRPHIL914
Bill i think a better picture would have been IN the cotton field, but still I like!!

-california also produces more cheese than Wisconsin!!!
- South Carolina produces more peaches than Georgia too!

yes , the green car in the christmas tree farm, and you will have to come up with a good backdrop for the black car too!

6freak
why do you have different tires on the front and back,that can`t do much for your handling
smile.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(6freak @ Nov 1 2012, 12:06 PM) *

why do you have different tires on the front and back,that can`t do much for your handling
smile.gif

You'll have to ask SUNAB914 about that.... lol-2.gif

At least they match on the front and on the rear biggrin.gif
SUNAB914
1ST, I can't remeber how I ended up doing that either. Car does handle very well, right Bill?
2nd: Bill I need my car back: 74 venice blue got totaled on I-95 last night. I got rear ended really bad. I'm ok, just very sore. Could have been alot worse for me.
Now to deal with insurance, try to buy it back for parts and move on. I might be out the 914 world.
Sorry to hijack; I will post pics later.
SUNAB914
Bill,
Your car should be up for Car of the Month! Looks Great!
dian
what are the wheels on the car? how wide?
billh1963
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Nov 1 2012, 01:09 PM) *

1ST, I can't remeber how I ended up doing that either. Car does handle very well, right Bill?
2nd: Bill I need my car back: 74 venice blue got totaled on I-95 last night. I got rear ended really bad. I'm ok, just very sore. Could have been alot worse for me.
Now to deal with insurance, try to buy it back for parts and move on. I might be out the 914 world.
Sorry to hijack; I will post pics later.

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant believe that. Glad you are okay. Start another thread and keep us posted! We need details!
wingnut86
Bill- make him a deal on the roller.

He may be able to pull his motor and tranny from the other one...
billh1963
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Nov 1 2012, 02:17 PM) *

Bill- make him a deal on the roller.

He may be able to pull his motor and tranny from the other one...

He already had one white car! poke.gif

In all seriousness, Chris can put his engine and transmission in and use it until he gets his fixed! I'll even let him take his engine and transmission back out of it when he's done! lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.