Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early Riviera Mags $150
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
74914LE
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment5 Riviera alloys Price: $ + shipping obo
5 Riviera 15" x 5.5" alloy wheels (aka "Formula Vee" or "G.T. Mag Type")
These came off of a 1972 Car.
Wheels are straight and true.

This type of wheel were originally a VW Dealer installed option package from the Formula Vee accessory range. They were manufactured by Portland's Whitney Industries, Inc. and designed by co-owner Michael Gibbons. The actual casting was done by Pacific Light Metals Foundry from A356-T6 tempered alloy, a special aluminum-magnesium-beryllium-titanium alloy. "Lightweight and very strong."

They were originally made for the Riviera Motors owned Volkswagen Dealerships, a Beaverton, Oregon based regional distributor. Orig. part #X601 011

4 x 130 mm bolt pattern fits 1968-79 Bug, 1971-79 Super Beetle, 1968-74 Ghia, 1966-73 Type 3, may also fit other years and models with the use of wheel adapters.
steuspeed
Those are cool! I didn't know about the connection to the Riviera Motors dealers in Portland, OR.
carguy914
Wow! Those take me back!! I had a set dealer installed on my 1st new car...a 71 Karmann Ghia Coupe...Adriatic Blue/Black Interior

Drove the Ghia 7 months and a lady backed into the nose hissyfit.gif So I traded it for my 2nd new car...a 72 914...only options Silver Met. paint, tinted glass and AM/FM radio....and I've been hooked on 914's ever since

Wish I could find that one!!
bandjoey
Thinking but most VW wheels have the wrong backset for 914s. Do U know the backset? Have U seen these on a 914? Thanks.
bandjoey
Forgot to ask. Will these clear the front centering ring?
914itis
I had a parts car trhat came with them, They are fine. I still have them sitting in the garage.
74914LE
I ran them on my car for years. I had 195/60 on front and 205/60 on rear with no backspacing issues. There is plenty of clearance for the centering ring on front.
bandjoey
Working until Sunday. If still available ill come by then to look them over. I'll pm my number. Bill
bandjoey
Looked at these today and they're nice wheels. They're not what I'm looking for so there still open to buy.
74914LE
Bump
euro911
You might think about listing them on Samba too.

Nice wheels smile.gif
Fasty67
would you ship to Oregon 97702? can you quote that for me? Thanks
wes
Unreal great price for very good VW wheels, but you could really do much better on a VW site as was mentioned earlier.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.