Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got a new toy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
bought a vinyl cutter a couple weeks ago, made all the stickers for our region's DE last weekend, now to do some fun stuff.
CD for size refference.
Korijo
drooley.gif
Aaron Cox
are they stickers? or how do they attach?

i want one for ax...or a windshield banner
seanery
they are vinyl stickers without the mounting tape applied yet.
I don't think this size would be a good windshield banner.
Track #'s, however, yeah baby!
Right now I've got yellow, orange, white and black vinyl, but
I will be getting some blue and red sometime soon.
Aaron Cox
bummer...

not magnetic
Jeroen
Very cool!
I'd love to have one to play around with biggrin.gif
URY914
Very cool

When I repaint my car I'll change the number to 914 and use those.
seanery
Just let me know! aktion035.gif
kafermeister
Sean, I get home tonight after cutting signs all night to see this!

biggrin.gif

Seriously, vinyl cutters can be fun. ...so what model did you get? We've got a Roland cutter in the sing shop.

I've got magnetic material if you want to make something for Aaron. Seems like Zois bought a cutter as well. If you're going to do alot of stuff for outside use, stick with High Performance vinyl. Oh and 3M vinyl rocks. Best looking stuff on the market. Has an excellent shine.

Congrats
Rick
GWN7
bummer...

not magnetic

If I remember you can buy magnetic stock and stick the vinyl on to it. wink.gif
skline
Got a Gerber from a garage sale about a year ago for $40.00, I have a friend who sells the cutters and repairs them. He fixed it all up for free and even made me a cable to plug into my computer. Havent played much with it in awhile but I got a lot of vinyl in several colors. Made all kinds of things with it. They are cool.
skline
Are those my shirts laying there??? When you gonna be shipping them out??
rick 918-S
Cool! Make nice signage for the hobby shop wall!
kafermeister
Oh yea, Gerber is the good stuff.
MattR
Vinyl cutters rock. I have a big one at work thats really sweet.

I just need mad ricer skillz so i can put a tribal pattern on my car to accent my cf wing.
Mrs. K
QUOTE(skline @ Nov 1 2004, 09:31 PM)
Got a Gerber from a garage sale about a year ago for $40.00, I have a friend who sells the cutters and repairs them. He fixed it all up for free and even made me a cable to plug into my computer. Havent played much with it in awhile but I got a lot of vinyl in several colors. Made all kinds of things with it. They are cool.

agree.gif I have seen the one's Scott's made,
they are really nice! clap56.gif

Lisa wavey.gif
skline
Yeah, just look at the back of my truck. Free advertising!
Mrs. K
Yep! smilie_pokal.gif
Exactly what I was posting about!
Good work!

Lisa wub.gif
seanery
Rick,
mine is from a French-Canadian company. Not too expensive for a 24" cut with a stand. What I need is a good software package, the one that came with is ok, but it was written in French and some of the translations aren't so great. I'd like one that feels like I'm working in Illustrator or Photoshop, but that may be asking too much.

My first two rolls were just 24"x10yards of GMI yellow and orange, I bought some black and white from SSK that is glosstech 5.
kafermeister
SSK is who we will be getting our Eco-Solv printer from early next year. We are in KY after all.

I haven't used the Glosstech but I've heard good things about it. Ritrama is what our Cincinnati supplier carries the most. As long as you don't need any large areas of shiny (without flaws) material, the cheap Hi-perf vinyl does fine. You'll find that some of it is easier to work with than others. ..also, the 3M stuff has a clear backing which makes it easier to line up different colors and make more complex products.

Our Roland came with Windows drivers as well as some other tidbits that let us print directly from Illustrator. It also came with a Roland app called DrStika Plus v2.2 that runs in Windows. The Roland app is great but it's limited.

As for AI, none of us in the shop have any real experience with Illustrator so it's a bit frustrating. FWIW we do a bit of cutting out of Powerpoint of all things. wacko.gif

Let me know if I can help with anything. I'm certainly not the most experienced with this stuff but I'll share what I do know.

Rick
Joe Bob
QUOTE(kafermeister @ Nov 1 2004, 09:24 PM)
Sean, I get home tonight after cutting signs all night to see this!

biggrin.gif

Seriously, vinyl cutters can be fun. ...so what model did you get? We've got a Roland cutter in the sing shop.

I've got magnetic material if you want to make something for Aaron. Seems like Zois bought a cutter as well. If you're going to do alot of stuff for outside use, stick with High Performance vinyl. Oh and 3M vinyl rocks. Best looking stuff on the market. Has an excellent shine.

Congrats
Rick

Nope.....I have a guy that plots and cuts them for me...unfortuantely he gets tossed in jail too much. Gonna have to find another source or buy one myself.....
kafermeister
QUOTE(mikez @ Nov 2 2004, 01:39 PM)
Nope.....I have a guy that plots and cuts them for me...unfortuantely he gets tossed in jail too much.  Gonna have to find another source or buy one myself.....

Sean my be up for hire.. biggrin.gif

Edit: I'd volunteer to help but we're already backlogged.

R
seanery
I've got a mortgage and no paycheck, so sure what do you need laugh.gif headbang.gif
GaroldShaffer
No paycheck ohmy.gif Time to look for a job??? email me your resume off line.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(seanery @ Nov 2 2004, 10:51 AM)
I've got a mortgage and no paycheck, so sure what do you need laugh.gif headbang.gif

Carrera side scripts....with the RS tail piece. I can send samples.

Z
356@cox.net
seanery
got a file? or hard copies only?
Jeroen
Sean, I've got a shit load of porsche stuff in .eps
lemme know if you want it...
seanery
looking for the VW Porsche logo in eps, 944 Cup?
Jeroen
send me an e-mail (I'll promise to put it in my address book this time biggrin.gif) and I'll reply with some .eps files for ya
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.