Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Mower show (GIE show)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Engman
Well it is off to a big show to sell our new mower. Some of you know that I design commercial mowers. This week - Thurs,fri and Sat. we go to one of the largest shows to sell our latest mower. We are a new company (Gizmow) and our product is really the second one to try this - a zero turn mower with a steering wheel. Yep,John Deere tried this with the 'Spin steer' mower a couple of years ago but they did not steer the front wheels. They still sell it but now you have to take a test to see if you have any hills - if you do they tell you it is not for you. There are also a lot of reports that it steers poorly at low speed and low angles.
We have all of that covered. Holds hills better than anything, and steers well at all speeds and angles. Yes - patents are all applied for.
I have been real busy the past week or so since the FFC getting things ready for this show. This is actually the second show, but we are expecting the 6 or 7 distributors to be at this show that we want. You know the kind that are good business men and more impotantly have some $$.
The commercial market for these type of mowers is about 200,00 units per year. Of that about half are sold to what is known as the prosumer ( a doctor, lawyer, business owner) who has a larger property that he wants to mow himself. The current mowers that are sold are a so called twin stick hydro - meaning it is steering by controlling the rear wheels indivually. Takes time to learn, hard to control on hills, you can tear up the lawn etc. We have "programmed" all of this into a control box via mechanical linkages, it almost has a mechanical brain. If we can get just 5% of this market in three years, which is a very conservative number, we will be very very busy.
The show is in Charlotte, N.C. so if you are in the area drop by and see me.
I apoligize in adavance to anyone who wants any parts from me - email or PM me I may have a computer ( not sure yet) but I will not be able to ship stuff till I return. Yes I have everything listed currently in stock.
So wish us luck - all we are trying for this first year is 250 - 500 units. I hope to come back with orders.

Thanks

Mark
seanery
Good Luck Mark!!!

Let us know how it goes!
Do you have one of those superhot chics modeling the mower?
Oh, take some pictures for the folks here, too.
mharrison
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Heh..heh....I've been dying to use this!!!!!
jim912928
good luck and have fun showing it!
Pnambic
Great news Mark! Good Luck!

Regarding the....ummm....Female Sales Associate, I believe Tommy knows this lovely lady... wink.gif cool_shades.gif laugh.gif
rick 918-S
Ya, how about a photo! smilie_pokal.gif Good luck! clap56.gif Great meeting you at the FFC! wavey.gif
URY914
Sell them in Florida. We mow 12 months a year biggrin.gif

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.