Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any updates to the road trip spare parts list?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
Preparing for a road trip Florida for the Tropical Ramble. For me it will be a 350 mile drive. I've seen other posts; however, I was wondering if there has been any updates to the "roadside emergency spare parts list"?

I plan to adjust the valves and check CV bolts, hoses, etc. Spare parts I definitely plan to take will be a Haynes manual, spare clutch cable, coil, ignition parts, and oil. I'm not overly paranoid so no spare alternators or other bulky items. I have a gold AAA membership (100 mile towing). Anything obvious I have overlooked?
timothy_nd28
My last trip, 300 miles, I wish I brought a seat cushion. Sitting for that length seems to take a toll on your coccyx.
billh1963
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Oct 29 2012, 01:52 PM) *

My last trip, 300 miles, I wish I brought a seat cushion. Sitting for that length seems to take a toll on your coccyx.

Good point! I was driving one of the cars this weekend..about 60 miles...and was starting to feel the pain sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.