Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 mecca ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixnotfour
My Brother in law, recently took flight and spotted this stash.
Anyone recognize this place chowtime.gif

Click to view attachment
billh1963
Contrary to popular opinion....this is NOT my house! dry.gif

Where was this? I see what looks to be a track car on the trailer....and a lifetime's worth of parts cars!
gollygwagen
Wow, what a stash!
Tom
17 or more. Someome is smitten!! lucky guy!
Tom
rjames
I want to see the one under the car cover!
mepstein
It looks like private property behind a fence. Out of respect for the owners, I would not post a picture or give out a location.
IanS
Wow it's like the barn scene from Walking Dead. Maybe they are just waiting for the cure.
sixnotfour
It looks like private property behind a fence. Out of respect for the owners, I would not post a picture or give out a location.

No location posted, As for the picture, Probably 1000 people took a picture of the place that paticular day.
URY914
Well I can tell you it's not east of the Mississippi.
JRust
I'd say it is your place Jeff poke.gif . Except there aren't enough green ones happy11.gif
sixnotfour
Jamie,
you need to come harvest some from me ..
balljoint
I'm going to guess that he is divorced.

Nice work spotting that. smile.gif
porbmw
[quote name='balljoint' date='Oct 29 2012, 12:27 PM' post='1759915']
I'm going to guess that he is divorced.

Hey

Hey!

Hey!!

Careful there....he may not be quite THAT lucky...
messix
yep.... thats Jeffs place
euro911
That pic is just too damn small for my old worn out eyes dry.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Poster is in the P.N.W. ,so that leads me to Jamie , everyone knows he has more 914's than

God !!!! Come on Jamie which of your many sites is that ?????

Dave slap.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 29 2012, 01:16 PM) *

Click to view attachment

It's not yours? blink.gif
David Stowers
C'mon I only want one!!!
computers4kids
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 29 2012, 11:16 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Might be Jamie's spare lot. smile.gif
carr914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 30 2012, 03:18 AM) *

That pic is just too damn small for my old worn out eyes dry.gif

agree.gif
Dr Evil
Next up on Hoarders....
URY914
I think I see a 916 down there..... shades.gif
Eric_Shea
Anyone recognize this place

Yes... and, I think I can just barely make out Nacho and Daisy!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 29 2012, 10:16 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Shh... If you listen carefully, even from altitude you can hear them rusting! lol-2.gif
Dr Evil
Is that a prototype? It looks abandoned wink.gif
Mr.242
That one has 5 Lug Fuchs.
JRust
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 29 2012, 11:56 AM) *

Jamie,
you need to come harvest some from me ..

LOL! Thought so but still WTF.gif Where are all the green ones confused24.gif
RFoulds
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 31 2012, 02:02 PM) *

Is that a prototype? It looks abandoned wink.gif

Funny. I was just thinking about that car. And that story.
MrLeeS
That's not pnw, its albuquerque, nm. Not a hoard either. Some of it is mine, most belongs to a good friend. What you don't see is the pristine 914-6, couple of nice le cars and other jewels. Under the cover is a 914 vintage race car actvely run throughout the sw and midwest circuit. Many of the others are basket cases that were rescued, many are not.
URY914
Now we know.
MrLeeS
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 1 2012, 06:25 AM) *

Now we know.

Yep, and knowing is half the battle.

This guy goes around rescuing 914s like it's a mission. Usually they are too far gone, but at least he is salvaging the parts. Generally he will sell a part if the offer is fair, but since he has several grandkids (who of course have 914s built out of his stash) and a son all of whom are 914 nuts, he doesn't openly advertise. There is much more than is seen in the picture.

We actually have quite af ew of these cars here in ABQ. I'm surprised we don't get more activity here on the forums.
Rockaria
QUOTE(MrLeeS @ Nov 1 2012, 06:52 AM) *

We actually have quite af ew of these cars here in ABQ. I'm surprised we don't get more activity here on the forums.

Shhhh... Don't let it out! We need to protect all of our gold down here in NM. 914s are all over the place here.
sixnotfour
Thanks for posting, beerchug.gif

My BIL is a Nikonian (camera geek) and they were at the Hot Air Balloon get together, he cropped the pic to obscure the location a bit.
MrLeeS
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 1 2012, 10:29 AM) *

My BIL is a Nikonian (camera geek) and they were at the Hot Air Balloon get together, he cropped the pic to obscure the location a bit.

That was good thinking. We wouldn't want any unsavory characters (not World regulars of course) having too easy a time finding the place. But he's got that immedieate armed response security program anyway.

We've got to get thall these ABQ/Nm 914s together some time.
brant
if its ABQ
then I would guess Jim's land, and James race trailer
I've known both for years.

I've visited and if I'm guessing right, then it has grown
(although I've never visited James' new digs in Santa Fe)

we have had ABQ gatherings in the past (Atomic)
and the current rumor is another one is being considered for this spring 2013.

I've also visited Gary Smiths stash before too, but the picture isn't his land from what I recall of it.

the covered car is a 4cylinder racer.... fully street legal. Its sister car is not in the pic, nor is the hearse or raptor tow vehicle.
and the -6 is a beautiful 3.6 that was in excellence a few years back.

brant
Madswede
QUOTE(MrLeeS @ Nov 1 2012, 01:18 PM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 1 2012, 10:29 AM) *

That was good thinking. We wouldn't want any unsavory characters (not World regulars of course) having too easy a time finding the place. But he's got that immedieate armed response security program anyway.

We've got to get thall these ABQ/Nm 914s together some time.

agree.gif I don't know anyone with a 914 race car outside of Russ at PMCI and a few very casual aquaintances from my brief time in PCA.

It's easy for me to say, "I thought that was Albuquerque" now that the cat's outta the bad, but I sure did get a hint of home in that photo. If the pic was taken during the Fiesta, chances are excellent I live relatively close to that place, judging from where the balloons tend to go from the field.

And by the way, I'll add a bit more to the rumor that Brant mentioned about resurrecting the Atomic Ramble (which happened in Rio Rancho in 2007 and was, to my knowledge, the one and only 914 Club/World or ClubNARP event EDIT: only one in New Mexico, I meant) since I'm the one planning it along with two good friends of mine that happen to own Turtle Mtn Breing Co. and The Fat Squirrel Pub. beer3.gif

Rumor control: nothing will be certain for a few more weeks, but hope to make a decision on time and preliminary concepts/plans around Thanksgiving.

Back to the original topic ... it makes sense that a 914 mecca would be somewhere in the southwest, given how dry it is out here. I just can't understand, with my commuting between Rio Rancho and KAFB, basically crossing Albuquerque longways twice a day, that I never see any 914s! Now I know ... they're all owned by you guys and you keep 'em all locked up!

You guys ever run on Sandia Speedway (or NAPA Speedway I guess)? When my 914's done, I'm definitely in for some DEs. driving.gif
MrLeeS
I'm surprised you haven't seen me. My daily is a black on black turbo 914. I'm all over the place out here. I race at all the pca events and rent rack time with a few guys at sandia. You've got to get your event rolling again. I've got lots of guys you probably haven't met that will show up.
Madswede
Yeah, that's cool, always up for meeting 914 guys! Yeah, I'm not in PCA any more, and that seems to be why I don't know too many of the P-car locals.

Black on black turbo? That sounds familiar ... I've either seen it, or heard a friend talk about seeing it/taking pictures of it. Perhaps at one of the German car shows.

I'll keep an eye out for ya. My daily is a black 968 (N/A ... for now). My 914 will be legendary, and that's not bragging, and is being finished up out in Florida at my buddy's shop. More on that in another thread, see my signature.

Cool stash you guys got there. Making Albuquerque the 914 mecca is perfect, and yes, we will get the Atomic Ramble going again ... it's more a question of timing and planning, but things are coming together. Will advise!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.