Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rob Ways '73 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimtab
I had a chance to see and drive Rob's 914 yesterday, as most of you know he has had it up for sale for a while and has lowered the price. I always hear everyone talk about "I want a 73 2.0. Well gang, this is a very good opportunity. Had it not been quite so competition oriented (roll cage,etc.) I would likely be the proud new owner. The car is well worth the asking price, and then some, in my opinion. I know there are some issues with low oil pressure but the engine is strong, smooth and has good pressure while driving. The chassis is solid, and it corners like a go cart. If autox or tt is your thing, this is an excellent opportunity. Jim driving.gif
skline
I cant believe he hasnt sold it yet. I saw that car compete at the WCC and it was fast and handled great. Didnt he place high in the standings? It is a nice car. I cant afford it or I would buy it.
anthony
If I only had a 3 car garage and a space for a dedicated AXer...
nebreitling
QUOTE(skline @ Nov 1 2004, 09:38 PM)
Didnt he place high in the standings? It is a nice car.

it's been a TTOD car more than once, as i understand. of course, that may have something to do with the driver, but no doubt it is well-sorted. it's almost painful to know that it's sitting...

hey rob: if the roll bar is bolt in, i'd consider buying it off you (don't know if you're interested in selling just the bar, and i certainly don't want to push you down the slippery slope of parting it out any more than i have)...
Mrs. K
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Lisa rolleyes.gif
Brad Roberts
A friend of mine will buy it this week (Chung).. we will sort the engine issue out some time over the next few weeks.

B
Jenny
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 2 2004, 12:34 PM)
A friend of mine will buy it this week (Chung).. we will sort the engine issue out some time over the next few weeks.

B

I guess building a house and a V8 914 is too much at one time. I'll be happy to see 'Chung in a running teener!

Jen
GTeener
DOOD! Why ya selling the 914? Don'cha like us anymore?
Brad Roberts
Rob is in grad school and already has a 993 and another 74 2.0 clone of DD's 914.

B
chunger
Rob is officially my favorite human and and I wrote him in for president today.

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.