Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cheap 914 on Samba
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bob91403
For that price, who cares if you could save it or not. The parts are worth that, and more, easy. Hope someone saves it.
skline
Well, I just sent the guy an email. If he still has it, he will reply.
anthony
It looks like it's barely worth $399 in parts. It definitely doesn't look like it's worth the trouble.
skline
I know a guy here in Costa Mesa who is looking for one to do a V8 conversion on, if the rust isnt too bad this may be his best bet.
SLITS
At $2.50 a gallon and 1000 mile roundtrip, it better be good - I thought about it for about that long.

Scott, if you need a GOOD body - silver '74 - You know where it's at.
anthony
if the rust isnt too bad this may be his best bet.

Unless the intention was to cut up the body, his best bet is a nice driver. The cost of rust repair, body straightening, paint, general refurbishment, and interior restoration quickly exceeds the value of a $399 chassis.
skline
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 2 2004, 08:58 AM)
At $2.50 a gallon and 1000 mile roundtrip, it better be good - I thought about it for about that long.

Thanks for the call Ron, I had forgotten about that one. I didnt make it over to see the guy yesterday and have lots of work today, but I will try to get back early and go over there today and let him know. He is an independant Porsche mechanic and was factory trained on the 914's and he is looking to do a V8 conversion. I have not talked to him in over a year but my neighbor takes his 914 to him for service and he just told me that the guy is still looking for one.
mangrum
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 2 2004, 12:58 PM)

I need a GOOD body - silver '74. If Scott does not need it please contact me.

Thanks.

Mike
mike_mangrum@yahoo.com
Mueller
looks like it has the very early rear bumper which is sought after for /6 restorations/conversions*

*sometimes, depending how are far you want to take it smile.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(mangrum @ Nov 3 2004, 11:51 AM)
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 2 2004, 12:58 PM)

I need a GOOD body - silver '74. If Scott does not need it please contact me.

Thanks.

Mike
mike_mangrum@yahoo.com

I would hope that you realize that open carrier transportaion of a non-running car (body, no engine/trans) would be around $950 to your area.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.