Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coned Out In Blytheville Tour.....SUCKED!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
jjackson
Hit a cone on every reasonable run.The clean runs allowed the course workers to read the sponsors stickers on three sides of the car- in at least one corner or two.
30 to 40 mph winds all weekend-40 to 50 degree ambient temp with chill factor around freezing.
Ran Good Years with one driver.250 compound
Amazing tire.Good in cold- will be great when up to temp.
Shoulda covered Grants Boxter but.......... barf.gif
We'll see next time......
J Jackson

PS-I let a fellow World member drive the car on practice course.I think he enjoyed it.
SirAndy
I hate those days ... Up here we get 1 second penalty per cone. Not sure if its the same where you are. One second is a lifetime in AX ...

driving.gif
jjackson
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 30 2012, 02:10 PM) *

I hate those days ... Up here we get 1 second penalty per cone. Not sure if its the same where you are. One second is a lifetime in AX ...

driving.gif

2 seconds.
J
Woody
2 seconds a cone here. Our local pca also counts pointer cones. dry.gif
Randal
QUOTE(jjackson @ Oct 30 2012, 12:16 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 30 2012, 02:10 PM) *

driving.gif

2 seconds.
J

So hit a cone and you are pretty much done. Time to start driving the middle line. biggrin.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(jjackson @ Oct 30 2012, 05:29 AM) *

J Jackson

PS-I let a fellow World member drive the car on practice course.I think he enjoyed it.

You and Brit have been saying that for almost three years now. Believe me I'm rooting for you but you both keep get beaten by a girl. At least I got by her on my clean runs. Lol!

Hmm scratch runs don't look close to me? cheer.gif

http://www.scca.com/solo/content.cfm?cid=51045

When is a 914 going to beat my Frankenstein monster? Please someone build a teener that restores ax dominance to our beloved cars. I hate the fact I built that thing! Who as me, headbang.gif

Wait until you see my next abomination. It's sort of like Sigourney Weavers alien baby. It will likely beat an FP 914 but probably not a XP teener that has been well prepared. I will likely drag it out to Lincoln next year. ...Z you later
Randal

Hit a cone on every reasonable run.The clean runs allowed the course workers to read the sponsors stickers on three sides of the car- in at least one corner or two.
30 to 40 mph winds all weekend-40 to 50 degree ambient temp with chill factor around freezing.
J Jackson

So did you change the shock/spring setup/sway bar set up or run with what you had?
jjackson
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Nov 2 2012, 07:46 PM) *

J Jackson

You and Brit have been saying that for almost three years now. Believe me I'm rooting for you but you both keep get beaten by a girl. At least I got by her on my clean runs. Lol!

When is a 914 going to beat my Frankenstein monster? Please someone build a teener that restores ax dominance to our beloved cars. I hate the fact I built that thing! Who as me, headbang.gif

Wait until you see my next abomination. It's sort of like Sigourney Weavers alien baby. It will likely beat an FP 914 but probably not a XP teener that has been well prepared. I will likely drag it out to Lincoln next year. ...Z you later

Grant-cones are posted in results-Three of four runs had Beths best run beaten-You count it how you want to.Also, runs on Sunday beat the Boxster.
Alas ... the cones....
J

We will see your next project.
jjackson
QUOTE(Randal @ Nov 2 2012, 11:46 PM) *

J Jackson

So did you change the shock/spring setup/sway bar set up or run with what you had?

Went back to bias ply slick setup on Good Years.Put 1 degree camber all the way around.Increased front spring rate.
J
grantsfo
QUOTE(jjackson @ Nov 3 2012, 03:59 AM) *

J Jackson

Grant-cones are posted in results-Three of four runs had Beths best run beaten-You count it how you want to.Also, runs on Sunday beat the Boxster.
Alas ... the cones....
J

dont see it? You had 1 cone on first run. They don't show any others and she had faster time? SCCA does god job of recording and posting cones. I know those imaginary cones suck! Botomline I have been waiting 3 years for a 914 to beat that Boxster in national event. Hasn't happened yet. Please work harder. Tired of seeing you get beat by a girl.
jjackson
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Nov 3 2012, 09:39 PM) *

QUOTE(jjackson @ Nov 3 2012, 03:59 AM) *

J Jackson

Alas ... the cones....
J

dont see it? You had 1 cone on first run. They don't show any others and she had faster time? SCCA does god job of recording and posting cones. I know those imaginary cones suck! Botomline I have been waiting 3 years for a 914 to beat that Boxster in national event. Hasn't happened yet. Please work harder. Tired of seeing you get beat by a girl.

Imagination... Really-First run clean- had to stand on it.Second , third, and fourth all had a cone.All raw times faster than Beth.
Check with your drivers.
J

Like I said in post-Coned out in Blytheville.
BTW Dumb Ass-Look at and post the results from this Tour-Not the Spring when we broke the gear box and drove a different car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.