Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
Engine coming out, for cleanup and minor rust repair.Is there a do's and don'ts thread?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Ian Stott
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Oct 30 2012, 01:20 PM) *

Thank you, that's just what I was hoping to find. Things like this are what make this a great club!

Ian Stott
billh1963
I used that article and it is very straightforward. i have pulled three engines and now i can drop one very quickly!
76-914
Watch that the hose clamps on the fuel rails don't hang on the shelves.
stugray
Removing the engine with FI is much more difficult than carbs.

I found it is best to just remove the fuel rails before dropping, but is not required if you are careful and like to take risks.
I bet that most fuel rail leaks are due to damage from removal of the engine....

Stu
majkos
QUOTE(stugray @ Oct 30 2012, 01:46 PM) *

Removing the engine with FI is much more difficult than carbs.

I found it is best to just remove the fuel rails before dropping, but is not required if you are careful and like to take risks.
I bet that most fuel rail leaks are due to damage from removal of the engine....

Stu

agree.gif
I often wondered about that.
Rockaria
When I dropped mine this past summer I found this table lift at Harbor Freight. Less than $200 bucks and it made the job really easy. The handle comes off. Lift into place. Use some wood blocks, drop. Going back in was even easier. Lifted right into place and holds it very steady.

Click to view attachment

http://www.harborfreight.com/500-lb-capaci...able-94822.html
rwilner
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Oct 30 2012, 12:12 PM) *

Is there a do's and don'ts thread?

I found McMark's article on this site to be more useful and straightforward than the pelican article.

http://www.914world.com/specs/tech_engdrop1.php
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.