Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ground shipping for 916 bumpers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom
Tried all of the usual, Fedex $170.00, UPS even more, Greyhound was not bad at $70.00. Any other ideas? Buyer doesn't want to use Greyhound.
Anyone near Seattle going south to LA area anytime soon?
Thanks,
Tom
gothspeed
I shipped a front spoiler to Florida FedEx ground for $55 and a front bumper to Oregon for $47 both from socal ......... a big part of the cost was the size of the box (12x12x65) ............... maybe if the 916 bumpers were shipped seperately the size penalty would be less? I would think about $50 each seperately.
Tom
gothspeed,
I tried that also but came up with estimate of $70.00 each for a package 62X12x14. So two packages was still $140.00 plus.
I'm thinking companies that do lot of shipping get a much lower rate than the casual shipper. Can anyone confirm this? It sucks selling something for $250.00 and paying over half again that much in shipping costs.
Thanks for the thoughts,
Tom
rick 918-S
I had seats shipped Greyhound. It was half FedX.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Tom @ Oct 30 2012, 05:45 PM) *

gothspeed,
I tried that also but came up with estimate of $70.00 each for a package 62X12x14. So two packages was still $140.00 plus.
I'm thinking companies that do lot of shipping get a much lower rate than the casual shipper. Can anyone confirm this? It sucks selling something for $250.00 and paying over half again that much in shipping costs.
Thanks for the thoughts,
Tom

I feel your pain. I have a 916 front & rear bumpers for sale also and had a few buyers until we figured in the shipping cost. The cheapest I found was Grayhound.
computers4kids
Sold one a few years ago and shipped it clear across the US Greyhound...very expensive--cut it in half.
somd914
Are you shipping to a residence or business? UPS or Fedex (both?) discount for deliveries to businesses. I typically have larger items shipped to work for this reason, plus I know someone will be there to accept the delivery.
gothspeed
QUOTE(somd914 @ Oct 31 2012, 02:54 AM) *

Are you shipping to a residence or business? UPS or Fedex (both?) discount for deliveries to businesses. I typically have larger items shipped to work for this reason, plus I know someone will be there to accept the delivery.

That is true ........ good point.
Mikey914
You may want to break them up. The large part of the cost is for oversize charges. This is one reason I redesigned my WAS top box, was to be just under it. It's worth asking them to break down the shipping cost based on the dimmensions. You can make the shipment as 2 boxes.
Hope this helps
Socalandy
I have sent via Greyhound as well and it's a big savings, Bumpers,hoods and more
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.