Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Subaru for 914 engine conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Chris Pincetich
Perfect project parts car! Located in California. Get the whole thing for $1,999 or best offer. Any reasonable offer! beerchug.gif

My 1999 white Subaru Outback wagon is the 30th Anniversary edition with heated seats, sunroof and moonroof, roof racks, and more. It recently had lots of work done to keep it fresh, but more recently had the automatic transmission fail. There are 226,000 miles on the odometer, but a lot less for the engine and many other parts. It's located at a mechanic's shop in San Rafael who will happily fix it, but I am done and ready to invest in a newer, more fuel efficient car.

Good
Engine replaced. Has "low-miles" engine professionally installed within last 8,000 miles
New timing belt
New radiator
Rebuilt front axles with new CV boots
Newish rear break rotors
Two OEM, repainted wheels w new tires
New front suspension components on drivers side
Recent alignment and oil change

Bad
Automatic transmission no longer works
Salvaged title
Rear passenger door inside panel has dog "footprints"
Rear bumper scratched & missing paint
Front bumper scratched

There is much more to list on the Good List. I had the engine swap last December, an accident to front drivers' side in June, and the car was great after being fixed post-accident (thus, salvaged title). I will send photos and more details to serious cash buyers.
Krieger
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Oct 30 2012, 07:04 PM) *

Is this the reason for the salvage title...?
Chris Pincetich
QUOTE(Krieger @ Oct 30 2012, 09:06 PM) *

QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Oct 30 2012, 07:04 PM) *

Is this the reason for the salvage title...?

No biggrin.gif

The salvaged title is a result of the crazy insurance industry and cost of re-painting the car. I was driving in June along curvy, re-paved HWY 1 north of Point Reyes and a Ducatti 1100 came screaming, locked-up, into my lane and hit me. He lost control around a curve. He hit my front bumper and the bike put small scrapes along the side and rear bumper of the Subaru, so the insurance company totaled the car. I used the $$$ to buy new tires and replace some of the worn bits in the front suspension.

I plan to call McMark soon and see if he wants to do a conversion project! biggrin.gif dry.gif

AS a result of all this, I am driving my 914 more! beerchug.gif
Check out last weekend's kayak trip
Click to view attachment
euro911
Hey Chris, PM me your #

I just picked up an '84 Vanagon that I'd like to Subar-ize idea.gif

I need a motor, ECU, harness, sensors, etc. ...
McMark
I plan to call McMark soon and see if he wants to do a conversion project!

I've been waiting for the opportunity. happy11.gif
euro911
This looks like it would be perfect for a pre-'75 vehicle.

I've been informed that I need an earlier year drive train & ECU with OBD-1 headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.