Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Filler Box.. Do all years have PCV?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
Just put a new gasket under my oil filler box. I noticed that there is a small hole, but no pressure relief valve there on the bottom of the box. Car is a 75 2.0. Is it suppose to have one? The pet only shows one style which does.
SLITS
Early cars had a breather with baffle in the oil filler assembly (can) - later cars had the PCV valve in the top with a hole in the bottom of the "can".
tod914
Hmmm, this has the baffle system, with a small hole on the bottom. There is no place on top where a PCV can go in. Now I'm baffled blink.gif
SLITS
I've got both kinds and will post images as soon as I can. Will edit this post with them.
RustyWa
Later cars had no PCV. The hose runs to the air cleaner, above the throttle plate.
tod914
Ok thanks guys. Just wanted to make sure.
SLITS
Late style (not sure 'bout '75 / '76)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

early style (no pcv)

IPB Image

IPB Image
HarveyH
The late style with the PCV is used on my 74 2 liter. I don't know about Porsche, but my 1969 Triumph GT6 (bought new) had a PCV (California car, but I don't think Cali had separate emission standards that early).
Harvey
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.