Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: These cars never cease to amaze me
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Germancar-Junkie
I'm ashamed to admit it, but I left one of my teeners out in the hurricane. sad.gif
I wasn't happy about it, but the garage only holds so much and something had to give. So outside she went.

Baltimore didn't get abused the way New York/New Jersey did, but we still had 36 hours of wind driven rain. 35-40 mph steady winds with 70 mph gusts and a total rain fall of 8.6 inches of rain. It just so happens, the wind driven rain was slamming right against the driver's side of the teener the whole time. The car cover lasted about 15 minutes, no help at all.

So here's where the Trans Am comes in. My neighbor has a mid 2000's Pontiac Trans Am convertible that was parked in the same direction as my teener. It took the same abuse to the driver's side.

When the storm passed, we both hustled to the cars with piles of towels in hand. I just knew it was going to be full of water. I went first, pulled the door open and much to my surprise there was no water, zero! cheer.gif Her Trans Am didn't fare so well. The entire interior was soaked. Towels and shop vac couldn't save it. Even at the writing of this thread, the Trans Am is sitting with the battery disconnected because the alarm won't stop going off.

Today's vehicles don't have nuthin on the 914. I would like to take a moment to praise 40 year old german engineering, and Mark at 914rubber. I had just replaced the targa seal with his kit. Thanks again Mark, you may have saved the inside. beerchug.gif

Dawn
zymurgist
Good to hear. Babydoll would have fared poorly outdoors in Hagerstown, although we didn't get the big winds so maybe the cover would have stayed on.
jsayre914
Glad to hear your car made it.

I drove mine to Baltimore Monday @ 10am and parked it downtown with the umbrella cover and 40+mph wind and rain. I got back in again around 3:30 and drove back to York PA, it was freekin AWESOME weather. The car handled very well and the interior was a bit wet from the sideways wind, but drove like a champ in the Hurricane. driving.gif

I didnt buy my car to park it in the garage.

Bring it on Mother Nature !!
bootyshake.gif

lol
bembry
Hell--I think mine leaks water on blue sky days.
pcar916
So the hell-hole and it's left side equivalent weren't full of water either?!?!?!?!??!
Germancar-Junkie
QUOTE(pcar916 @ Nov 1 2012, 07:20 PM) *

So the hell-hole and it's left side equivalent weren't full of water either?!?!?!?!??!

The hell-hole on that particular teener is quite porous. wub.gif blink.gif The interior, however, is pristine. It's the only part on this one that doesn't need work. sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif smash.gif ar15.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.