Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914_configurator - The coolest thing I have seen in a while
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rockaria
Okay, I think I spend way too much time on this site... But then today while reading the cool posts on the 914-6 rebuild "I also vote keeping it gold, by the way..." but I digress.

I saw a web page image to this really cool 914 configurator.

http://www.eggscollective.org/nathan/stora...igurator_j.html

Wow, this is freekin' cool!

Was this 914 configurator posted and talked about before and I totally missed it? Man old age sucks....

I love the Jackstands option... way too cool! beer.gif

Click to view attachment

walterolin
Nice find, and as you noted, especially the jack stand option.

This has all of the characteristics of my 1.7 1970 Bahia red 914, with gold letter "914" and "PORSCHE" badges with steel wheels and moon hubbies, except for the aluminum trim rings on the wheels.
Rand
QUOTE(Rockaria @ Nov 1 2012, 10:12 AM) *

Okay, I think I spend way too much time on this site

No, you need to spend MORE time on this site so you don't miss this stuff. laugh.gif beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Rand @ Nov 1 2012, 10:27 AM) *

No, you need to spend MORE time on this site so you don't miss this stuff. laugh.gif beerchug.gif

agree.gif

That thing was the rage for several weeks. Where have you been?
biggrin.gif
gollygwagen
I saw it on the same thread this morning and made the same discovery. I was totally killing time with it too! These were the two I was digging on.

IPB Image

IPB Image
Madswede
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 1 2012, 11:41 AM) *

QUOTE(Rand @ Nov 1 2012, 10:27 AM) *

agree.gif

That thing was the rage for several weeks. Where have you been?
biggrin.gif

It sure was! I lost my link to it, so this just serves to make it easy to find again.

By the way, Chris/Rockaria were you and your yellow 914 up here in Rio Rancho/ABQ for Halloween? I saw a yellow 914 pulling in as I was leaving the Dragon's Haunted House (or whatever it was called) in Rio Rancho off Southern last night. Couldn't make out much detail, but I don't often see a yellow one around here. shades.gif
Rockaria
QUOTE(Madswede @ Nov 1 2012, 12:11 PM) *

By the way, Chris/Rockaria were you and your yellow 914 up here in Rio Rancho/ABQ for Halloween? I saw a yellow 914 pulling in as I was leaving the Dragon's Haunted House (or whatever it was called) in Rio Rancho off Southern last night. Couldn't make out much detail, but I don't often see a yellow one around here. shades.gif

Not Me. My 73 has a new engine and I am still in the "Only drive as far as I can walk" phase. This is due to it being my first rebuild, and not fully trusting myself. So far so good though. Runs strong and now that it is cooling off outside I can drive it to work.

Also I am much furthur south... In Las Cruces. On a similar note, I sold my 75 to a guy In Canutillo, TX who is also hoarding 914's.
Madswede
QUOTE(Rockaria @ Nov 1 2012, 04:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Madswede @ Nov 1 2012, 12:11 PM) *

Not Me. My 73 has a new engine and I am still in the "Only drive as far as I can walk" phase. This is due to it being my first rebuild, and not fully trusting myself. So far so good though. Runs strong and now that it is cooling off outside I can drive it to work.

Also I am much furthur south... In Las Cruces. I sold my 75 to a guy In Canutillo, TX who is also hoarding 914's.

Yeah, I knew you were in Cruces but thought you mighta come up here. Glad to hear the rebuild is working so far. Enjoy!
pete000
Pretty neat, but the side stripes are tied into the bumper color? I guess like the LE cars. I want chrome bumper with black stripe.

barndoor
ok,I give up !

How do you get the image off the website ?

somd914
Awesome! I've been thinking about a new paint scheme for rockers, valences, and wheels. I've been photoshopping a pic of my car, but this is far easier and more fun.
zonedoubt
QUOTE(barndoor @ Nov 3 2012, 06:51 AM) *

ok,I give up !

Can always hit the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard.
carr914
The Inspiration - my Old Steel-Top biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

kerensky
Two minor complaints:
1) The steering wheel is wrong - that's a tri-spoke padded 911/928 style wheel.
2) No option for a rear 911-style reflector. Yeah, I know, not exactly a popular mod anymore, but mine's had one since about 1974. wink.gif

Still, pretty cool, love the jackstands. If we could show it with flat tiers and a rear reflector, I could do my exact car! biggrin.gif
DBCooper
Funny how similar the threads are, now and hten: 914 Configurator Thread
zymurgist
QUOTE(zonedoubt @ Nov 3 2012, 10:44 AM) *

QUOTE(barndoor @ Nov 3 2012, 06:51 AM) *

ok,I give up !

Can always hit the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard.

agree.gif

Then paste into mspaint and crop it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.